No agencies pleaseRole: Credit Risk Manager Contract: PermanentLocation: LondonRemuneration: Based on Experience
The role is for an individual who is highly confident and resilient, has team management skills including coaching and development of junior resources and has ability to work with little management oversight.Responsibilities:
- Puts in place and maintains an appropriate risk management framework, and procedures for credit risk management in line with prudent risk management practice and regulatory requirements to ensure that the Bank meets Its strategic goals within its Risk Appetite.
- Monitors the quality of the portfolio.
- Reviews and gives an opinion on risk assessments prepared as part of new product development.
- Puts in place and maintain an appropriate risk-reporting framework as to ensure that any risks are identified and mitigated efficiently in a timely manner.
- Ensures high quality risk reporting is being forwarded to the relevant Management and Board Committees and Sub-Committees to inform the
recipients as to the level of credit related risk that the Bank faces.
- Ensures prudent credit policies are in place and followed by sampling cases and provides constructive feedback.
- Reviews significant deviations from policies to ensure that exceptions are properly authorised and reported to ensure that the Banks risk level remains within the Risk Appetite; samples cases to identify failure to report policy exceptions
- Reviews adequacy of provisions for bad debts to ensure adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- Remains abreast of regulatory developments and best practice, particularly as they affect risk management and credit risk management to ensure adherence to regulatory guidelines.
- Supports the preparation of the ICAAP, ILAAP, Risk Appetite statement and any other document that supports effective risk management of the Bank.
- Reviews and express opinion on the discretionary limits to ensure that quality advances will be approved.
- Manages Human Resource issues:
-Communicates to the team the Banks strategic goals so as to align deliverables and
-Communicates to the team the Banks culture and values.
-Allocates responsibilities and sets goals with focus on initiatives that add value.
-Monitors the work performed by the teams.
-Assesses and guides the team and provides feedback so as to empower the team members
& recognise excellent performance.
-Motivates and develops the team members, identifies training needs and provides
opportunities for personal and professional development. Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong technical risk management knowledge as well as framework
- Proven ability in developing and implementing practical Credit risk management processes and policies
- In-depth knowledge on FCA handbook, CONC, MCOBS, PRA rulebook, CRR/CRD and EBA guidelines.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in planning and facilitating workshops / risk exercises
- Familiarity with common risk analysis techniques, understanding of scenario modelling etc.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience working in Credit risk and/or Credit origination/ underwriting
- CeMAP qualification
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org