SYSTRA are hiring! We currently have a challenging and exciting opportunity for a Principal Track Engineer to join our design side engineering team in one of our UK offices (ideally Manchester, York, Birmingham, Reading). This position within our Track team will suit an experienced Track Design Engineer who can demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills combined with commercial awareness and the ability to play their part in a busy team working across some of the most high-profile, flagship rail infrastructure projects in the UK
The Principal Engineer - Permanent Way will lead the production of permanent way engineering designs, studies and reports for railway infrastructure projects to achieve the required scope and quality. Act as Track CRE as directed on specific projects. Lead projects, to ensure project budgets and programmes are achieved. Provide technical guidance to other members of the Track Team and take an active role in ensuring safe design practices are adhered to.Main Duties
- Lead the design of permanent way solutions for engineering projects in accordance with client requirements
- Act as Track CRE and checker on specific projects as directed by the Team Leader
- Lead projects and provide task guidance and monitoring of performance
- Provide project progress reports and updates to the Track Team Leader and Project Management Team.
- Achieve the scope agreed with the Design Manager/Project Co-ordinator regarding the effective delivery of projects to current engineering and safety standards.
- Achieve personal and project targets including utilisation, delivering projects to budget and programme.
- Secure business by developing and maintaining contacts with clients and identify business opportunities.
- Ensure good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company.
- Manage and develop staff both on a daily basis and through the appraisal process in order to ensure the required skills are available within the department to meet business objectives.
- Professional qualifications: Incorporated or Chartered engineer, membership of a professional body
- Proficient at permanent way engineering alignment design and track components specification.
- Detailed knowledge of multi-disciplinary issues associated with permanent way design.
- Detailed knowledge of construction principles and standards including RSSB Group Standards, Network Rail GRIP Process and Company Standards.
- Detailed knowledge of track engineering contract conditions and safety standards including CDM and CSM-RA.
- Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet the demands of the role
- Ability to travel to client sites and other SYSTRA offices will be required.
- Knowledge of Track-Ex and standard deviation production.
SYSTRA is an award winning multi-disciplinary solutions business with extensive engineering capabilities and specialist expertise in transportation and energy industries. SYSTRA has a global workforce in excess of 7,000. We work in partnership with our clients to develop and deliver high quality, innovative technical solutions for major infrastructure projects in the UK and globally
SYSTRA offers our people the opportunity to work on exciting and rewarding projects. We provide long-term career development opportunities and support our staff to enable them to reach their full potential. We offer flexible working and a competitive remuneration package including a bonus scheme. We provide a warm welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of people who can enrich our company.
Please note, we do have a preferred supplier list for the provision of recruitment services and we will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL.