At M2A Media we develop cloud based software solutions used in the online video streaming platforms of some of the biggest broadcasters in the world, including DAZN, BBC, Channel4 and ITV.
Our work involves the technical handling, manipulation and delivery of top tier live sporting events such as the Champions League, Serie A, Moto GP and NFL to millions of viewers globally via 'The Netflix of sport', DAZN. If you've watched 'Love Island', 'I'm a Celebrity' or other live shows on ITV Hub it was delivered for catch-up by our Live Capture product at frame level accuracy, within minutes, to record audiences.
At M2A Media we recognise the importance of development and operational excellence and our approach to building software puts you right at the centre of what we do. As a Technical Architect at M2A Media you will act as pre-sales and technical leader for solutions, supporting the sales team in developing the offer to clients. This role requires significant client stakeholder engagement and, as such, is suited to a Technical Solution Architect that is experienced, personable and able to provide compelling solutions either face-face or increasingly over video call.Responsibilities
- You will be the customer's go-to expert on M2A products and the internal subject matter expert on the customer requirements for M2A technical teams.
- You will be responsible for all technical content in M2A's responses to RFPs.
- You will provide expert knowledge in areas such as video transcoding, system integration and cloud based video workflows.
- You will drive business growth by influencing sales propositions to win business deals in a pre-sales capacity.
- You will track success of technical pre-sales engagements with metrics.
- You will understand M2A engineering capacity vs potential demand and manage client's expectations accordingly.
- You will identify gaps in the M2A product suite and feed 'new feature' requests into the product development process.
- You will provide new customers with rapid POC demonstrations.
- Provide 'technical authority' for pre-sales proposals in terms of sizing/costing, resources, validating requirements and POC design.
Skills & Requirements
- Reports to M2A's Chief Architect.
- Receives work priorities from the Head of Customer Success.
- Briefs project work into Solution Engineering teams.
- Collaborates with the M2A sales team on RFP responses.
- Able to own the quality and outcome of customer project workstream
- Interacting directly with senior customer to understand and deliver on requirements
- Significant and demonstrable experience of scripting and programming languages
- Documenting technical requirements and communicating these to the software team
- Significant experience of a range of data stores and messaging systems
- Ability to make yourself understood to non-technical customers, or customers with a different area of technical expertise
- Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific time-scales
- Knowledge of SDLC in an agile environment
- Experience of video and audio encoding technologies, including AWS Media Tools, ffmpeg and other open source audio video tools
- A basic understanding of HLS, MPEG Dash, MPEG Transport Streams, H.264, AAC
- Knowledge of modern DevOps techniques used to promote quality code to production
We are a friendly team of people that are passionate about building great products with collaboration, innovation and respect for each other. We have an inclusive environment and believe different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace and better products.
We promote a good work-life balance through flexible and remote working options. There are regular social and sporting events organised within the team.
- 25 days holiday
- Medical insurance for you and your family
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life cover
- Company pension - we will match contributions up to 5%
- Flexible and remote working
- Company bike scheme
- Informal phone conversation with our Talent Partner about your experience and expectations to see if we are the right fit for each other
- Introductory call with our Chief Architect
- A mock presentation task
- Final interview with senior management
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please no recruiters.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer visa sponsorship at this time.