Finance and Operations Manager (Hedge Fund, Asset Management)
An independent, employee owned investment management firm. Our client has offices in London, Singapore, and Mumbai. This up-and-coming Investment Management firm invest solely in the highest quality dominant customer franchises in emerging markets. This organisation aims to deliver long-term, compounding returns by investing in the aspirations of these emerging market consumers.Before application our client is looking for a candidate with applicable experience from Hedge Fund / Asset Management sector.
- Finance / Accounting Degree CPA/CA/ACCA - accreditation
- 5 years+ experience with a fund finance related industry in a globalised investment management organisation.
Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 operating systems (Dynamics Business Central accounting software preferred)
A good understanding of hedge fund operations and accounts and relevant experience working with service providers like fund administrator and custodians
Strong familiarity with VAT, Tax, UK corporate reporting requirements of a FCA regulated investment manager
In this role you will be primarily responsible for overseeing the Finance matters relating to the UK business (50%) and supporting the AP Group client operational functions (50%). Key responsibilities include:
Management accounts maintenance and oversight, finance related regulatory and compliance reporting, payment authorization functions, audit, and tax reporting. Working with adjacent teams within the group and with external service providers towards achievement of operational excellence contributing to the group's strategic goals as well as optimization of client experience.
Profile You should be highly proficient in UK Company financial matters and has keen understanding in investment management operational activities operating as part of a global framework.
Primary Tasks Management Entity Finance for the London office
- Ensure proper maintenance and oversight of financial accounts and books for the UK investment manager entity in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Control the financial budgeting and forecasting process with periodic management reporting to the board
- Ensure the annual audit and all corporate taxation/ VAT matters and regulatory obligations are fulfilled within the statutory timeline
- Ensuring proper and complete records/audit trails for all finance and operations related processes and authorising payments Client Operations
- Coordinate the accurate and timely responses with all relevant stakeholders for investor due diligence questionnaires
- Lead and coordinate new client mandate projects, working across departments, with both internal and external stakeholders Fund Finance (all funds) and Operations
- Ensure high quality service outputs from network of external services providers like fund administrators, custodian, middle office service providers
- Managing the interim and annual Fund statutory audit process towards timely completion within the statutory timeline
- Working with external tax advisors and custodian relating to portfolio investment/ fund taxation matters
- Perform all relevant Funds' analysis and management reporting of key fund metrics
- Ensure compliance for broker / bank / custody accounts openings and the smooth running of all post trade related matters
- Fund NAV Reporting - Reviewing and ensuring accuracy on all fund NAVs reports relating to all our mandates
- Regulatory Reporting - Ensure timely and accurate submissions for all finance related regulatory reporting requirements and annual returns submissions, relating to AP entities and AP Fund entities Risk governance
- Ownership and enforcement of risk policies relevant to the department with regular reviews and updates and reporting to the Risk Committee on compliance
- Maintaining relationships and collaborating with external service providers to ensure proper governance over service levels
- Review competitiveness of fees paid to service providers Innovation and Team
- Collaborating with service providers and internal teams to come up with solutions for a more scalable /sustainable operating model
- Plan and constantly evaluate Firm's operational/finance policies, procedures, and processes with view to drive for tighter controls, further efficiencies/automation, risk mitigation and alignment towards environmentally friendly/ sustainable solutions
- Working collaboratively and sharing of expertise and knowledge whilst keeping up to date on industry developments