Who we are looking for
As a Software Developer, you will be developing, enhancing and supporting our product, including bet placement, cash out, editing of bets along with the settlement and customer balance updates.
Within our Core Systems team, all systems and services are housed on a Linux operating system and primarily built around open source technologies. In order to process the volume of transactions on a daily basis, we needed a language that was able to scale at speed. You will either be working with Golang and/or Erlang, so we are looking for people who want to explore and learn new technologies.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast-paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.Preferred skills and experience
- Server-side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware).
- Exposure to functional programming (such as Erlang, Haskell, F#, Scala or Go).
- Experience of distributed systems.
- Complex event process/continuous query languages.
- Client/server development experience.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
- Strong academic background, ideally with a BSc/MSc IT related degree or relevant industry experience.
- Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
- Creating concurrent distributed components.
- Working on Linux and GNU utilities.
- Working in an environment with high volumes of transactions.
- Supporting and enhancing the existing code base.
- Identifying technical areas of improvement.
- Contributing to solution proposals as required.
- Creating work effort estimates.