Solutions Architect - Investment Management - Java - AWS
Our client, a leading global investment management company, are looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to join their Front Office Technology team. This Solutions Architect position is multifaceted, having exposure to many different areas in IT. It requires the ability to analyze varying technologies and technical architecture patterns, and to balance appropriate tactical decisions with defining, advocating, and advancing the long term strategic direction. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing oversight to program teams on Microservices and Cloud Data Architecture, and for developing personal knowledge and expertise of Security and Architecture in AWS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the architectural leadership in shaping strategic, business technology projects, with an emphasis on application architecture. Utilizes domain knowledge and application portfolio knowledge to play a key role in defining the future state of large, business technology programs.
- Utilizes abroad and deep understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
- Within area of responsibility, continuously pursues strong knowledge of business technology solutions and maintains understanding of applicable technologies, tools, and services
- An undergraduate degree in a Computer Science-related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of eight to ten years broad senior technical experience.
- Public cloud expertise in AWS, with specific experience in VPC, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch, EC2, ECS, EKS, IAM, KMS, S3, EBS, RDS, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, and API Gateway.
- Broad and deep knowledge across numerous IT infrastructures, platforms, tools, and technologies, both architecturally and operationally (e.g., microservices, Java, Spring, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Spinnaker, DevOps, and security).