Most companies try to meet expectations, dunnhumby exists to defy them.
Using big data, deep expertise and AI-driven platforms to decode the 21st century human experience - then redefine it in meaningful and surprising ways that put customers first. Across digital, mobile and retail. For brands like Tesco, Coca-Cola, Procter & Gamble and PepsiCo.dunnhumby is looking for a talented Engineer!
You will deliver on the development and deployment of new technology products and/or platforms that drive excellent solutions for our clients.What You'll Be Doing
What You'll Need
- Deliver on development and deployment of applications, components, software, platforms or services of varying levels of complexity.
- Conduct requirements analysis and define and develop solutions with support from the Senior Engineer and/or Engineering Manager when required.
- Work as part of a team on bigger projects, ensuring service level agreements are met at all times.
- Provide advice and guidance to more junior colleagues as required to resolve specific challenges.
- Monitor and escalate operational metrics, identify and recommend opportunities to improve.
Proficiency In One Or More Of The Below
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering subject such as Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Electronics or Engineering or equivalent
- Software development (agile)
- Software testing tools (e.g. Protractor, Selenium)
- Product management (Agile)
- Data Architecture & Modelling
- Cloud infrastructure, management and hosting
- Code management tools (Git)
- Infrastructure as code / DevOps (Kubernetes)
A Plus If You Also Have
- C (# / ++) / .NET
- Java Script / React
- Hadoop / HDFS
What We Expect From You
- Experience with projects of certain technological complexity.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Strong experience in using a SQL based database
- Development and design of software solutions working closely with product managers
- Knowledge of working in an agile fashion, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Using techniques such as writing unit tests, refactoring, CI/CD
- Fixing and improving live issues when they occur
We won't just meet your expectations. We'll defy them. So you'll enjoy the comprehensive rewards package you'd expect from a leading technology company. But also, a degree of personal flexibility you might not.
Plus, thoughtful perks, like early finish Friday and your birthday off.
You'll also benefit from an investment in cutting-edge technology that reflects our global ambition. But with a nimble, small-business feel that gives you the freedom to play, experiment and learn.
And we don't just talk about diversity and inclusion. We live it every day - with thriving networks including dh Women's Network, dh Proud, dh Parent's & Carer's, dh One and dh Thrive as the living proof. Everyone's invited.Our approach to Flexible Working
At dunnhumby, we value and respect difference and are committed to building an inclusive culture by creating an environment where you can balance a successful career with your commitments and interests outside of work.
We believe that you will do your best at work if you have a work / life balance. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, so if this is important to you please raise this with your recruiter, as we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
For further information about how we collect and use your personal information please see our Privacy Notice which can be found (here)