This is an office-based job and you must be able to commute to Manchester. It is a Covid secure work environment.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve answering the phones and supporting customers, connecting to their computers remotely to fix technical issues and provide training on how to use software. You will also have to install software and troubleshoot technical issues. As a team member in a friendly and supportive team, you may be asked to provide technical support to your colleagues.
You will be required to work with the development team and other members of the IT department to test existing and new software.
You will work with the sale team to demonstrate software and assess client needs, assisting in the sales consultation process. Post sales you will be involved in the installation and training process for new clients.
You may be tasked to carry out other business admin related duties occasionally.
Most of your time will be spent answering enquiries and processing requests from your desk but in the future, it may involve some client visits or off site work. (Due to COVID-19 restrictions client site visits have been suspended).About Interbacs:
Interbacs was established by Bacs software developing experts and over the years have attracted further development talents, management expertise and banking expertise to join the team making us a great source of solutions and support for all your Bacs payments processing needs.
The team have over 25 years of experience in Bacs and business software delivery and we concentrate our efforts and skills towards delivering the highest quality results in payment and collection solutions.
Our friendly, professional and efficient processing team is always answering your phone calls with a smile and clients are consistently complimenting their professionalism and supportive attitudes throughout.
Read upon Interbacs at our web page: www.interbacs.comThe role:This is an office-based job and you must be able to commute to Manchester. It is a Covid secure work environment. Activities:
- Provide technical support to current customers / users /Internal customers in person and via telephone.
- Using remote desktop software to support customers.
- Testing software
- Reproduce customer environment and run tests
- Manage and address electronic tickets efficiently
- Liaise between sales team, customer success team, and customers to properly address customer problems
- Troubleshoot and configure software and hardware
- Test Websites & internally developed software
- Downloading data and importing to Software (internal processing)
- Keep records of calls made and problems reported
- Review products and procedures
- Plan improvements
- Keep up to date with product developments and advise on appropriate upgrades.
- Some hardware repair/maintenance
- Installing Software
- The majority of our customer support and installations is carried out remotely however you may eventually be occasionally required to visit customer sites to install software.
- 9am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- There may be the odd time when it's really busy and you need to work a few extra hours.
TBD dependant on experienceBenefits:
21 days of holiday (Rising to 25 over a 5-year period)_
Company organise an outing every year on company expense as a team building exercise
Company Christmas party traditionally on company expense (discretionary by the management team)
Company pension scheme Desired attributes and skills:
- 2+ years previous IT support experience
- Customer service oriented
- Strong written and verbal and troubleshooting skills
- Time management/organisation skills
- Honest, discreet and trustworthy
- An ability to work quickly and accurately
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Good computer skills (especially with Excel and databases)
- Any programming experience would be advantageous but not required e.g. SQL server or .net
- Software support experience
- Working to SLA's and deadlines
- SQL experience
- Good knowledge of Office applications (specifically excel and word)
- Windows troubleshooting experience
- Hardware troubleshooting experience
- O365 experience
- Any AD experience would be a bonus
- Basic understanding of networking
- Any C# experience would be a bonus
- Team player
- Positive work ethics
- Drive for excellence
- Attention to details
- Good organisation skills
- A natural flair with numbers
- Good concentration
- Able to follow concise instructions
- Supportive of others
- Able to perform tasks in an accurate manner