Derivco Sports has a new opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our office in London, as well as being part of an evolving company you will also be responsible for supporting, guiding and optimizing the implementation of the development process. Leading on work items within the Engineering Automation Team that provides the knowledge and expertise to support the software development lifecycle, bridging the gap between development and operations.
Being an Advocate for automation improvements providing appropriate education, consultancy and working closely within Development teams as needed.
Derivco Sports is a global software development house that focuses on using the newest technologies as we understand that the sports betting industry is forever evolving and for us to continue to be the best, we must adapt. Learning and growing is something you will do naturally with us. We are the great minds behind the Betway sports betting app and our focus is to expand and build on our product to be the leading Sportsbook in the world -which is why we need someone like you to join our team!
Key Responsibilities include:
- Empower the development team to build and release their products in an efficient and constantly improving process
- Setting up CI/CD environments and pipelines
- Migration of on-prem old world environments to the cloud via infrastructure as code
- Introduction of ephemeral test environments using tools such as (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, AKS, OpenShift)
- Standardised configuration management across products (e.g. Ansible, Consul, Puppet, Chef)
- Standardised instrumentation across products (e.g. Graphite, Grafana, Splunk, Elastic, InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Automated (one-click) deployments to all the environments including production (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins, Gitlab-ci, Git ci pipelines, Azure Devops)
- Automated provisioning of infrastructure (e.g. Jenkins, Terraform, ARM)
- Automated alerting and resolution of system faults (e.g Nagios, Pagerduty, Splunk, Grafana)
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent Scripting skills (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Python, Ruby, GO etc.)
- Excellent experience with tools such as Ansible, Terraform
- Excellent experience in building CI/CD pipelines using automation tools (e.g Gitlab CI/CD, Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Excellent experience with Cloud technology (e.g. Azure, AWS, Google)
- Excellent experience with containerisation principles and frameworks (e.g Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad, AKS)
- Strong knowledge of version control (e.g. GitLab, GitHub, VSTS, Azure DevOps)
- Able to communicate all needs, instructions and decisions clearly
- Creation of stories, breaking down of large projects into time managed deliverables
- Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks
- Several years of experience in working with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles
- A background within Development and Operations.
- Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- Proven experience in planning, with good analytical skills
- Previous experience in 24/7 high performance environment
whats in it for you?
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Company's Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Discretionary Company bonus linked to performance
- Referral bonus scheme
- EdenRed restaurant allowance
- A Wellness allowance or gym membership
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing for each complete year until a maximum of 30 days is reached
- Entertainment budget
- Continuoustraining and development opportunities
- Social events- internal and external events to suit everyone
Apply online today!