The Network Planner is to design civils and fibre-optic infrastructure for Fibre to the Home networks. Designs to comply with overall planning guidelines to deliver cost effective and fit for purp
- Oversee the production of detailed low-level designs by the design partner for toob's new build FTTP network.
- Undertake desktop quality checking of initial designs produced by the design partner to ensure it meets toob's detailed network design guidelines.
- Lead joint walk out surveys in the field with representatives from design partner, build partner and toob build manager. Capture all feedback and changes agreed in the field.
- Document agreed changes on a marked up design and communicate with the design partner in order to produce a final ready for construction detailed design.
- Manage and implement incoming in life design change requests from the build managers and build partner.
- Assist in undertaking audits for completed network builds to enable the production of as-builts and Openreach PIA build complete documentation.
- To review implemented designs and re-iterate the planning guidelines to improve the overall quality and cost effectiveness of the network design.
- Flexibility to work across multiple aspects of the E2E planning process
- To look for ways to utilise as much existing infrastructure in the design as is possible and practical, particularly Openreach PIA ducts and poles.
- Maintain and update Detailed Network Design Guidelines for the FTTP access network
- Experience of low-level design on existing UK FTTP networks beneficial.
- Experience of designing using Openreach PIA ducts and poles beneficial.
- Experience of undertaking field surveys beneficial.
- Current and proficient user of GiS systems/tools for FTTx design (e.g. QGiS)
- Own transport required to travel to site surveys.
- Flexibility required to work in the Portsmouth office, occasionally work from home and travel to site surveys up to 60 miles from Portsmouth.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Long Term Incentive Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 25 Days Holiday