We are a global wealth and asset manager based in London. We create bespoke investment solutions designed to preserve and enhance our clients wealth.
We opened our doors in October 1986, just five weeks after the deregulation of the London financial markets - known as "Big Bang". The Big Bang separated the relationship between adviser and market maker, creating competition among advisers. In the following months, we pioneered a new type of investment service, which was not focused on selling investment products but negotiating the dual responsibilities of managing our clients' affairs, as well as financial markets.
Over the next 30 years we have kept and nurtured this pioneering and entrepreneurial spirit, working in partnership with our clients, many of whom have been with us since our inception in 1986. They entrust us to manage more than $3.8 billion* of discretionary assets on their behalf and we're growing all the time, as investors from all over the world recognise the value of our collaborative approach.
Values & Behaviours
As an employee of London & Capital you are expected at all times to embrace and demonstrate our core values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Family. These are consistent with all employees' regulatory obligations to: act with integrity; act with due skill, care and diligence; be open and co-operative with the regulators; pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly; and observe proper standards of market conduct.
The US Family Office provides specialist investment services for Americans in the UK. Being an American living overseas comes with many benefits, but also some challenges, particularly when they are looking for investment advice in the UK. Whether our clients are a US Citizen or Green Card holder living abroad, an expat in the US or a foreign entity with US reporting, we have had a dedicated team looking after international American families since 1989. We are one of the few wealth managers who actively welcome US clients and are both SEC (US) and FCA (UK) regulated which means we are uniquely positioned to assist global US families with their wealth planning, investment management and compliance reporting across all of their assets. The role of Portfolio Manager will sit within the US Family Office and play an important role in managing the asset allocation of client portfolios in line with agreed risk profiles and investment mandates. As well as managing our client's investments they will have an important role in talking to and building relationships with our client's to ensure they are effective in communicating our house views and discussing their individual investment portfolio performance.
- Responsible for the management of defined clients investment portfolios
- Communicating portfolio performance and house views with clients through regular meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Responding to ad hoc queries from clients
- Conduct regular client portfolio reviews to ensure asset allocations are in line with the agreed risk profile and investment mandate
- Produce holding reports to analyse where client portfolios are out of line and/or cash is available to be invested
- Communicate with paraplanners and advisors regarding investment strategy and implementation for new clients
- Communicate with tax team and production of realised & unrealised capital gains tax reports to ensure that client tax positions are taken into account when rebalancing portfolios and raising cash for withdrawals and fees
- Management of stray assets within client portfolios and across client book
- Ensure that client portfolios are meeting target returns and/or generating agreed income levels
- Manage cash and foreign exchange balances to ensure sufficient liquidity for regular withdrawals and fees
- Providing assistant and associate portfolio managers with trade execution instructions
- Ensuring up to date knowledge of London & Capital house views
- Reviewing of individual and team mailboxes
- Production of client meeting and call notes
- Ensuring audit trail is logged for client communication within CRM system
- Population of weekly MI reports
- Conduct of due dilligence on portfolio holdings where required
- Assisting in the production of bespoke reporting for clients
- Raising APX static data and reconciliation errors to assistant and associate portfolio managers for rectification
- Undertaking regulated investment exams
- Attending investment desk meetings and monthly updates
- Reading of L&C investment research notes
- Staying up to date with market news
- Seeking feedback from senior portfolio managers and advisors
- Coach, mentor and train assistant and associate portfolio managers
- At least 5 years experience in financial services - preferably in Wealth Management with experience of investing in direct line securities for all major asset classes.
- Experience of investing/managing portfolios on behalf of US linked clients preferred but not essential.
- CFA level 1
- Experience of mentoring junior members of staff
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels with the ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Personal development - seeks to expand knowledge through interaction with colleagues/attendance at seminars/networking events/ongoing membership of professional bodies