At Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), we build the future of the cloud for Enterprises as a diverse team of fellow creators and inventors. We act with the speed and attitude of a start-up, with the scale and customer-focus of the leading enterprise software company in the world.
Values are OCI's foundation and how we deliver excellence. We strive for equity, inclusion, and respect for all. We are committed to the greater good in our products and our actions. We are constantly learning and taking opportunities to grow our careers and ourselves. We challenge each other to stretch beyond our past to build our future.
You are the builder here. You will be part of a team of really smart, motivated, and diverse people and given the autonomy and support to do your best work. It is a dynamic and flexible workplace where you'll belong and be encouraged.
Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) is a strategic focus for OCI. IDCS provides an innovative, fully integrated service that delivers all the core identity and access management capabilities through a multi-tenant Cloud platform.Reference link: https://www.oracle.com/middleware/identity-management/identity-cloud-service.htmlWho are we looking for?
We are seeking accomplished database software professionals that are self-driven and have a great combination of coding skills, design skills, performance tuning/troubleshooting and communication skills and have been part of large enterprise class software product development teams, have worked on development of services deployed on the popular Cloud platforms like OCI, AWS or Azure then this position is definitely a fit for you.
The successful candidate is a self-motivated, progressive software professional with around 4-9 years of industry experience and can deal with complex problems without supervision. They should have had prior experience administering large scale oracle databases preferably Exadata
- Influence the design, capacity planning tuning and the actual build out of Exadata DB instances
- Ensure the DB system is always up to date and patched to the latest version in an automated fashion
- Develop solutions that ensure DB health check are done in an automated and proactive fashion
- Interact with customers and developers for any priority situations and react/respond timely manner
- Contribute to the architecture, design and development of data tier for Oracle's next-generation Identity Cloud Service
- Play a key role in the design of HA/DR solutions for the new Identity cloud service
- Get involved in Performance, Scalability and Reliability Analysis and database query tuning
- Troubleshoot HA/DR and Database Performance issues on the existing cloud service
- Be part of the on-call roaster
- Work with architects and development managers in requirements specification definition and detailed engineering analysis from data requirements perspective
- Own database/schema design documentation at component and product level
- Do design reviews and code reviews for peers and team members
- Participate in rapid delivery in planning, building, configuring, deploying, monitoring and documenting for Oracle Cloud projects
- Minimum of 8 years working experience in Database administration activities such as DB provisioning, LCM, patch/upgrade, RMAN backup/recovery and performance troubleshooting
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in RAC or Oracle Exadata, Data Guard, Golden Gate
- Bachelors or Master's degree or equivalent experience relevant to the functional area
- Strong understanding in database Performance Troubleshooting/Tuning, be skillful in SQL execution plan, AWR, ADDM, ASH,TKPROF, etc reports
- Full life-cycle product development experience
- Experience in PL/SQL and SQL Programming
- Oracle database server 11g/12c concepts and its administration concepts
- Experience in Unix/Linux Shell and Python scripting
- Experience in REST API
- Strong communication and personal skills: work well with members of other functional groups in a project team; demonstrate a strong sense of project ownership
- Exposure to Agile methodology
- Experience with identity management domain
- Exposure to LDAP based data repository: Active Directory, Oracle Internet Directory
- Develop designs geared towards massive scalability, and code the core elements of those designs to make adoption faster
- Is familiar with both Waterfall and Agile methodology
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.