The Team and opportunity
The Pepper Money Sales-Operations team consists of Lending Administrators, Broker Support and Underwriting Specialists. Working with our broker partners you bring the human difference to our product offering, delivering a 5* service experience consistently from the decision in principle to the point of offer. What you will be doing
You'll report to the Application Manager and work alongside a team of Underwriting Specialist. The core focus of the role is to utilise your customer service skills and leverage your mortgage industry knowledge and experience to guide our valued broker partners to package all of the necessary requirements so you can provide the initial underwrite of an application. You'll need to have a good understanding of our products, criteria and processes to educate our broker partners and be the decision maker when discussing cases and confidently apply our lending policy and criteria.
The role is inclusive of but not limited to:
What we are looking for
- Providing a positive customer experience through clear, consistent and transparent interactions with internal and external stakeholders when discussing application requirements.
- Building rapport with brokers, distributors and internal teams to ensure that the best outcomes are achieved for the customer.
- Ensure all processing is made within regulatory standards, aligned with business needs and deliver to the lending risk strategy inline with business objectives.
- Ensuring all new applications meet the required documentation for a credit decision.
- Assess valuation reports, credit reports, income evidence, bank statements and any other relevant supporting documentation against lending criteria and policies.
- Refer mortgage applications outside standard lending policy where a justifiable business reason exists to an appropriate Mandate Holder.
- Manage allocated case pipeline efficiently and effectively inline with agreed business SLAs.
- Work within a team to focus on the success of the wider team as well as on an individual basis.
What we offer
- Mortgage Lending knowledge and experience advantageous.
- Former packaging experience advantageous.
- Specialist Lending experience advantageous.
- Full understanding of DPR system advantageous.
- Regulatory knowledge, FCA, TCF, MCOB (MMR changes).
- Strong customer service background and passionate about providing great customer service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a pro- active, hardworking and flexible approach to daily tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work under own initiative but also within a team.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
Have a look at our Working with Us page for more details.How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us to find out more or submit your cover letter and CV using the Apply button. Please quote the job reference number.