Would you like to be part of an innovative and rapidly growing company? Digital Identity Net is a UK-based business that places individuals in control of their digital identity - providing consumers with a single gateway to the validated identity data held about them by their banks. Our vision is to help people simplify and secure their digital lives - safeguarding their privacy and making a positive impact on wider society. We are a fast-growing, high performing team
that care about our people's career aspirations.
At Digital Identity Net we have just launched OneID, our unique bank-backed digital identity platform, connecting consumers, businesses and banks. An exciting opportunity has opened for a Site Reliability Engineer.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will work closely with our team of Senior Software Engineers. We are on the path to launch our first product into service early in 2021, and as a Site Reliability Engineer you will work within our software development team to influence the design of our software services and help us define and satisfy the Service Level Objectives as we go to production.
We are a small team which uses agile ways of working to deliver a service which works for all our users and operators. We primarily run our services in Google Cloud Platform and aim to make the best use of features provided by the platform as possible.
As a Site Reliability Engineer at Digital Identity Net, you will:
- Work closely with Senior Software Engineers on the design and delivery of software which meets our scalability, latency and availability goals
- Support the organisation as we adopt the SRE methodology e.g., by participating in workshops to define our Service Level Objectives
- Develop our observability and monitoring capabilities to provide meaningful actionable feedback to operators of the service
- Participate in our out-of-hours support rota (yet to be established)
- Automate our processes e.g. to provide robust repeatable software releases and rollbacks
- Share your knowledge with the wider team
We are looking for people who have extensive experience in:
- Working with Google Cloud Platform
- Writing documented infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform, Puppet etc
- Producing tested software in the Go programming language, or an interest in learning Go
- Knowledge of core web technologies and how they are secured
- Familiarity with systems which orchestrate containers e.g. GCP Cloud Run, Kubernetes
- Making use of testing and automation to provide Continuous Delivery
- Responding to operational incidents (i.e. incident and problem management) including running post mortem reviews
- Desirable: experience of threat detection and countermeasures
What you'll get in return:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- An attractive package of personal & social benefits
- An empowering, inspiring and trusting environment to work in
Digital Identity Net is an equal opportunities employer and we cherish diversity and inclusion. We are passionate about respecting all individuals irrespective of their gender, background, race, religion, or orientation.
Digital Identity Net is a disability confident employer.