Who are we?
Who is DefinedCrowd? Well, from a technical point of view, we leverage the power of a global crowd to provide some of the world's biggest companies with the high-quality data they need to power their artificial intelligence. We're instrumental to the progression and development of artificial intelligence and we couldn't be prouder or more inspired to be involved in an industry that is changing the world.
From a personal point of view, we're a group of big thinkers, high achievers and creative problem solvers. We bond over our shared love of software engineering, data science, and strong coffee. We like online gaming, running marathons, and team drinks. We celebrate authenticity and diversity and we're invested in what we do. Our mission? World domination, obviously!What will you do?
Who are we looking for?
- Apply your knowledge in Speech Processing to solve and productize hard problems in a crowdsourcing context
- Design, implement and optimize speech services on the platform
- Participate in integration strategies and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution and monitor its performance
- Work with other team members (including product team, speech scientists and linguists) in designing, testing and implementing cutting edge speech tools and models
- Carry out structured, concise and reproducible data analysis that generates insight on different types of data.
Do you have the drive to work in an innovative and ambitious environment?
We're looking for someone with a determined and proactive mindset, someone inspired and passionate to help us achieve our goals. Our successful candidate is a strong critical thinker, reliable and transparent, with an ability to learn and communicate. We're looking for someone special to contribute to our unique culture.
Our Speech Engineers have:
Why Join Us?
- Background in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or related
- Software development experience in one or more of the following languages: Python, C#, Java, C/C++
- Knowledge in data science/machine learning
- Experience with distributed systems
- Interest in speech communication science (automatic speech recognition, speech synthesis, speaker detection, etc.
- Prior experience with toolkits such as Kaldi, HTK, Attila or similar
- Knowledge in phonetics, speech production, signal processing or related
- Hands-on experience in deep learning
- Publications in the area of speech communication
- Good communication and writing skills.
You spend a lot of your time at work, so it should be challenging, fun and interesting. At DefinedCrowd, it will be all of those things and more.
Here's what we offer:
- A unique culture, healthy working environment, and a flexible working schedule
- Excellent career development opportunities in a high growth company
- Access to an excellent compensation and benefits package
- An international and diverse team, representing more than 30 nationalities at our 4 locations
- Global mobility and relocation support with the help of our specialized team
- Continuous training opportunities leveraging hand-on workshops and formal development opportunities
DefinedCrowd offers a platform with multiple data delivery options that leverages machine learning technology and human intelligence to deliver quality-guaranteed training data for AI systems. The platform offers self-service and fully customizable solutions that deliver high-quality project-specific training data, enabling AI products reach market quicker. It is this business model that has allowed DefinedCrowd to raise a total of $63.6M in funding over 4 rounds. Our value proposition is quality, privacy, speed and scale, covering more than 50 different languages. With strong expertise in speech and natural language processing technologies, we have been serving AI companies and Fortune 500 companies since day one. DefinedCrowd was founded in Seattle and has offices in Lisbon, Porto and Tokyo.