About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com Location -Chatham
We are a significant presence servicing the London Insurance market (both Lloyd's and company markets) with the processing of policy and claims related transactions. We operate through 2 joint ventures, XIS and XCS. Lloyds' of London is one of our joint venture partners along with the IUA. We are a subsidiary of DXC Technology, and as such, a foreign subsidiary of a US Person. We have a sanctions compliance program which allows us to screen the business we process using a risk based approach. We comply with all relevant US, UK and EU sanctions. Our primary focus in on OFAC and UK sanctions . We require a motivated and ambitious professional who is experienced to provide strategic direction and change management services to the sanctions compliance program and to provide oversight over the sanctions compliance program, and case dispositions and advisory services to our customers, on a day to day basis. Key Responsibilities
Financial Sanctions/Strategic and Change Management
- Managing the sanctions compliance program at a strategic level and lead sanctions compliance in change management initiatives. Specifically, these responsiblitities include:
- Working closely with internal stakeholders on any systems changes, automation efforts and upgrades to the sanctions screening tool.
- Organise training for the business and all sanctions professionals in the screening and advisory review teams.
- Draft, review and update any sanctions policies and procedures, work instructions and sanctions news updates/instructions for relevant staff
- Liaise and work closely with the insurance market representatives of the IUA, LMA, Llolyds and LIIBA on sanctions matters which affect the market, such as for example, market communications, topical issues such as for example, Cuba rejected transactions reporting.
- Assist the Director of Risk & Compliance in ensuring sanctions related MI is adequately captured and presented to the Audit and Audit Committees on a quarterly basis.
- Organise a standard sanctions training program and ensure this is rolled out and tracked. Work closely with L&D.
- Ensure the compliance staff within the sanctions area is properly staffed, trained and works together as one team to ensure consistency and clarity around the program.
- Being able to capture MI, stats on productivity and efficiencies.
- Improve identified areas for increased efficiencies.
- Ensure cases which come to compliance for review are consistenty and efficiency and accurately disposed of.
- Good experience and understanding of running a sanctions compliance program, having seen it from all its angles.
- Understanding and working knowledge of OFAC's requirements for sanctions compliance programs
- An understanding of the reporting requirements for OFAC and OFSI
- Ability to handle busy workload and work well under pressure
- Good negotiator and leadership qualities
- Project Management experience
- Ability to influence and effect change
- Experience in insurance or banking or IT
- Experience working in a global organisation
- Legal background would be helpful, not essential
- Having worked in a compliance setting