Company DescriptionMake an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $450 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $1.5 trillion in the next two decades. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.Job Description
The Real Assets Credit (RAC) group is a global credit investor in public and private markets in the following asset classes: real estate (first mortgages, b-notes, mezzanine debt, preferred equity, and single asset CMBS), energy and resources (senior debt, subordinated debt, preferred equity, and mineral royalties), infrastructure and renewables (project finance, loan finance, and bond finance). The Real Assets Credit team seeks opportunities to lend against high quality real assets projects in most major asset classes and global markets, with a current portfolio exceeding C$9 billion.
Based in London and reporting to the Senior Principal, the Associate will focus on real estate debt transactions and play a key role in the research/analysis, underwriting and execution of new credit opportunities and portfolio management activities for existing debt investments. The team utilizes a global staffing model and has a presence in Toronto and London.
CPP Investments is growing rapidly and the environment is therefore constantly changing - the ability to adjust on a continual basis all while growing our global funds is paramount for success in this role. Your ability to build global relationships, both internally and external in a collaborative manner, is essential to ensure our positive employee brand and future success. Role-Specific Accountabilities - Individual Deal LevelAnalyse Investment Opportunities
Execute And Monitor Real Assets Credit Investments
- Play an important role in the research, analysis and evaluation of a variety of real assets credit investment opportunities - with a focus on real estate debt transactions - including supporting the overall evaluation process
- Develop sophisticated dynamic financial models to analyse investment opportunities
- Play a key role in due diligence on opportunities including past and projected financial performance, quality of Sponsors, investment merits and risks, expected returns, regulatory environment, property and sector dynamics, and other relevant factors
- Review third party due diligence reports (appraisal, commercial, environmental, engineering, legal, etc.)
- Interact with Sponsors and review performance, strategy, outlook, and other relevant factors as required
- Be a key contributor to the preparation of credit investment recommendations outlining potential investment opportunities
- Participate in the presentation of investment recommendations to the relevant internal committees
- Support the execution of credit transactions
- Participate in portfolio management activities including monitoring and evaluating the investment portfolio performance, participating in third party meetings, and analysing proposed budgets, capital plans and other transaction-related requests
- Coordinate with third party servicers and operation groups at CPP Investments with respect to monitoring ongoing investments
- Support the reviews of quarterly valuations and compliance of covenants etc.
- Participate in the restructuring and work out of stressed or impaired credits to contain risks and maximize recovery
- Relevant work experience in investment banking, real estate private equity, real estate debt or other relevant credit experience
- Undergraduate degree - B.A., BSc or equivalent
- Demonstrates passion for principal investing
- Strong research, quantitative, financial modelling, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal) and ability to interact effectively with senior leadership
- Demonstration of adaptability, flexibility and initiative
- Additional European language would be an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel and work with colleagues in international offices and different time zones
- Self-driven; attention to detail and passion for quality
- Flexibility, adaptability and intellectual curiosity
- Team player who enjoys a high-performance culture
- Exemplify our Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership, and High Performance
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full time permanent position.
The position will be based out of the London Office at 40 Portman Square, London, W1H 6LT.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page
or Follow us
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.Our Commitment To Inclusion And Diversity
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.Disclaimer
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.