- Are you a credible Technical Architect who's highly experienced within .NET?
- Interested in high transactional systems with very unique challenges?
- How does 100 million users, 4k searches a second and 1 million daily sales sound?
- Interested in defining tech standards, best practice & future platform architect?
- Have a desire to own your area and move systems to Micro-services, AWS and more?
- Looking for a step towards being a Solution or Enterprise Architect?
: Fully remote until at least April 2021, then 2 days in the office per week thereafter (Bedfordshire)Salary
: £85-95k + 20% bonus (now re-aligned for 2021 performance)Package
: 7% pension, Life assurance, Share option scheme, 25 days holiday + the option to buy and sell more + a flexible benefits scheme offering things such as; income protection, dental, medical, childcare and much more!The Company:
This £6 billion enterprise business is the largest of its type in the UK & 10th largest globally. When it comes to innovation and scale few companies can compare;
100 million annual customers, 5k concurrent searches a second, £1 million daily transactions, 20 million monthly site hits, 40k concurrent users, 250 site updates a second.Experience needed:
- Background as a .NET Developer
- A number of years of Technical architecture experience - aware of governance, scalability, security, application architecture - the whole picture!
- Demonstrable experience working on large scale systems, ideally E-commerce
- Back-end tech & principles - REST, SOA, Event-driven Architecture, Message Queuing, Microservices, etc
- Agile experience, but flexible enough to operate "between the lines" when needed
What you can expect:
- AWS, .Net Core, E-commerce
- As Technical Architect you'll be joining a newly formed Architecture team responsible for the design, development and delivery of the some of the company's most critical platforms used by all 100million customers.
- You'll have the opportunity to really own your area and implement things how you believe they work
- One of your biggest challenges will be to work on rebuilding long-standing platforms over the coming years, moving away from monolithic services and building new bespoke solutions via more modular Micro-services within the .NET stack, pushing into .NET Core and further cloud deployment.
- One other key aspect will be looking into ho your architecture can be scaled to meet demand, such as £1 million sales a day at peak, 4k searches on the site per second, and over 250 price changes per second.
- Act as a driving force ensuring the team is more agile and help push towards full TDD and Dev-Ops
- Expand a grow a team around you as the company embarks on building its new internal team.
- Work toe to toe with 3rd party software vendors ensuring maximum ROI, quality of deliverables, etc
- You'll be the tip of the speer technically & respected by your peers, working with both on and offshore development teams to bring your vision and roadmap to life!
- There's a big remit for this role and very genuine progression into Enterprise or Solution Architect, etc.