About Student Beans
At Student Beans, our mission is to empower students to thrive. Our engineering team is at the heart of our business - the software they develop helps us connect students with the world's biggest brands. We are proud to be one of the UK's fastest growing technology companies, as named in The Sunday Times Tech Track 2020. Due to our exceptional growth, we're now a team of over 170 brilliant people across our offices in the UK, USA and Australia. We're not stopping there though - by 2021 we will be a team of 350! It's an exciting time to join a company that's really going places.
We are proud to work with the most advanced software within our agile environment. We're always exploring new and innovative ways to help build robust, scalable solutions for our users.About the role
As a result of our incredible success and growth, we are looking for a Head of Platform to join us. Responsibilities include:
- Head up the platform engineering function at Student Beans
- Streamline the running of applications to make the systems more efficient and effective
- Effective use of tooling chains
- Making sure teams have the right approach to build scalable applications
- Support the set up of team environments, source structures & tooling
- Maintain and champion documentation and remediation process
- Drive setup of non-functional requirements such as alerting, monitoring, security & performance
- Opportunity to work fully remote.
We'd really like to hear from you, if you have...
- 5+ years experience in platform engineering or dev-ops
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with AWS, Docker and kubernetes
- Worked with Git in a commercial environment
- Worked on Linux OS
- Used Python, Ruby or Go languages extensively
- Motivation to learn new technology and follow open-source projects
- Initiative & an eagerness to understand new concepts
- Have excellent communication & problem-solving skills
- Worked with agile methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban
Our people and culture are what sets us apart. We empower our employees to bring their authentic self to work. We don't believe in micromanaging or office politics and we encourage our employees to voice their opinions and make decisions. We celebrate our wins together and aren't afraid of making mistakes - they help drive us forward.
So, what can you expect in return for your skills?
- Competitive salary
- Flexi time
- Medicash Health cash plan - claim back cash on a huge range of healthcare and wellness treatments
- Work with an industry leading tech stack
- Free gym membership
- Access to all of our student discounts
- Monthly team lunches
- Summer and winter parties
Check out our Careers site to see for yourself! https://about.studentbeans.com/careers
Due to the high volume of applicants we can only respond to shortlisted applicants. By submitting your application, you agree that Student Beans may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Our Applicant Privacy Notice explains what personal information and where we may process, our purposes for processing, and the rights you can exercise over Student Beans' use of your personal information.