DescriptionBusiness Development Director (Manchester)AND Introduction
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we're united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won't transform a business or save the world: it's the people that count.About You
As Business Development Director you will be responsible for taking ownership of Enterprise opportunities from initial contact through to close.. As a result, you will need to be able to:
Do do that it's essential you bring the following:
- Build great relationships - Really get to know and understand CIO/CDO/CTO/CEOs. Help them solve their key problems and challenge their thinking and approaches to digital and software development.
- Understand the tech and professional services landscape - Bring a wider business and technology perspective. Know the technical and business landscapes, including where the challenges and opportunities lie.
- Win new clients as part of a team - Take the lead on opportunities from initial contact to close. Navigate complex environments, pulling together multiple strings to close effectively. Working as one of the most senior hires in the BD team with accountability for an annual revenue target.
It's Helpful If You Also Have
- Significant Enterprise Business Development experience in consulting, technology professional services in favour of product based organisations
- Ownership and delivery of significant revenue targets consistently.
- Relationship Management skills - very strong at building relationships quickly and following a well organised collaborative way.
- Working knowledge across three or more of the following - digital, business strategy, marketing, technology, Agile, change management and business transformation.
- Credible at C Suite Level - Aware of the challenges facing CIOs, CTOs and wider C Suite, able to support their thinking and approach to solving these
- A track record of winning million-pound plus new business deals with FTSE 100/FTSE 200 clients
- Comfortable in ambiguity and being part of a small, dynamic team; able to work autonomously, but also an effective team player.
- People and long-term relationship minded.
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams, where no new client is closed without the support of other ANDis.
- Organised, structured and creative.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there's nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here's three key things to understand about us:
- We're built for people - like, real humans. Not 'resources' or 'staff'. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There's no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That's exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it's business critical for us.
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we'll be in touch.