As an Infrastructure Architect you will assist Infrastructure and Platform Delivery teams with technology and service design, aligning capabilities with business goals while optimising costs.
You will be responsible for everything from contributing to the high-level strategy through to designing and delivering modern infrastructure solutions and services. At other times, you will be using your experience and broad knowledge of trends in technology and industry to form a viewpoint on direction of travel for strategic change.
You will assist in designing end-state architectures and transformation roadmaps at a project and portfolio level, while ensuring these align with strategic objectives, requirements and industry trends.
You will use your stakeholder management skills to influence leadership teams across technical domains to build expertise and maintain a collaborative culture.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused Company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.Main Responsibilities:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Leading the departments architectural approach, design patterns and general engineering methodologies drawing on the existing knowledge, experience and skills within the team.
- Working with infrastructure technology domains on building and maintaining technology roadmaps identifying opportunities for innovation or infrastructure transformation.
- Developing and managing the Infrastructure Design Forum ensuring all designs meet standards and follow the approval process whilst ensuring new standards are updated on a regular basis.
- Ensuring consistency is maintained across the estate where appropriate, including proactively and continually assessing the viability of systems to retrofit system wide advancements resulting in scalable, performant, maintainable and resilient infrastructure systems.
- Taking responsibility for impact analysis and design modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- Working with cross platform architects on strategic roadmaps, standardisation and commercially viable ways to unlocking the value of enterprise technology and leveraging open source solutions.
- Participating in the preparation of artefacts such as specifications (technical and non-technical), commercial appraisals, test plans, technical presentations, resource and delivery plans.
- Participating in proof of concepts to assist in defining technology direction and enabling technology strategy.
- Contributing to the IaC roadmap and driving new concepts into the classic architecture modes.
- Broad technical infrastructure architecture experience at scale covering compute, storage, networking and security disciplines.
- Understanding of modern platform stacks such as OpenStack, VMware and Kubernetes and affiliated technologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of complex distributed systems and the requirements they place on underlying infrastructure platforms.
- Experience of automating infrastructure and solutions at scale using tools like Terraform, Ansible and Jenkins.
- Experience of commercial and open source solutions.
- Private or Public Cloud experience.
- Experience of software development and established procedures.
- Commercial experience in a senior technical lead role is desirable, alongside a degree level qualification in a technology related subject or industry related experience.