DescriptionUser ResearcherAND Introduction
At AND, we accelerate the development of digital capabilities. In practice, that means helping ambitious leaders and organisations build the teams, products, processes and even operational structures they need to close the digital skills gap within their organisation today, so that they thrive tomorrow.
Clients rely on our experience, agility and craft skills across tech and business strategy, software development and product management to address some of the toughest challenges facing their businesses.
We bring aboard thinkers, tinkerers, passionate software craftspeople and inspiring technologists to help us solve these challenges. Together, we're united by a sense of pragmatism, purpose and a deeply-held belief that digital products and technology alone won't transform a business or save the world: it's the people that count.About You
As a User Researcher, you plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams get a deep understanding of the people who use government services. This research will inform policy, proposition, service, content and interaction design so that services work for users and achieve policy intent. As a result, you will need to be able to:
To Do That, It's Essential You Bring The Following
- Turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions and involve colleagues in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
- Understand the diversity of users of government services.
- Choose the appropriate methods for different stages of the product life cycle and situations and you know how to apply methods correctly.
- Understand the social and technological context for government services.
- Implement user-centred design practices and know how to embed them into an Agile workflow to deliver timely findings.
- Knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services, understanding the different technical roles in a multidisciplinary team.
- You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services.
- Able to help colleagues understand how digital technology is changing user behaviour, and the challenges and opportunities for government services.
- Able to align user research activities with objectives to create strategic insights that inform policy and propositions.
- Ability to work in an open, iterative and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team.
From the work we deliver, to the way we serve and support our people, we work hard to ensure that there's nowhere quite like AND. But joining a company is a two-way street: the fit has to work on both sides. So before you apply, here's three key things to understand about us:
Still sound good? Great! Fill out the short application form below and we'll be in touch.
- We're built for people - like, real humans. Not 'resources' or 'staff'. That means happiness and wellbeing really do matter to us, and we hate unnecessary hierarchy and bureaucracy.
- There's no well-trodden path ahead: AND is growing fast and forging a new trail. That's exciting, and gives us all the autonomy and opportunity we love - but bear in mind it also demands focus, patience and resilience.
- Diversity is a priority. After all, to build great products that a wide variety of different people love to use, we need a wide variety of people to help us build them. So diversity is more than a policy or a word: it's business critical for us.