In 1977, OSI introduced the first generation electronic chart system for the maritime market and revolutionized navigation. Over the years we have had many firsts. Today, OSI Maritime Systems is a leading provider of integrated navigation and tactical solutions designed for naval and maritime security operations. Among those solutions, the company develops and delivers integrated bridge systems for warships, integrated dived navigation systems for submarines, and C2 systems for small craft. Presently, 23 navies totaling more than 600 warships and submarines operate using OSI systems.
Due to the nature of our company, all employees must pass specific security criteria.
OSI is building a full design capability hub this year in our Portsmouth Office. We are looking for intermediate and senior Systems Engineers to lead this team. For intermediate engineers this is a chance to spread your wings and make an impact on a fast growing organization. For Senior Engineers you can choose to develop your leadership skills or alternatively, focus your knowledge toward an SME role. Currently the role will be remote due to Covid-19 pandemic, however once it is safe to do so, the role will be based out of our UK office.Recruiting during Covid-19
To protect our employees and candidates we have gone virtual. We reach out by phone and conduct video interviews with the hiring team. We transition from shaking hands to virtual high fives! This shall pass, remember to Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe.The Job
Systems Engineers are part of the engineering team that develops marine navigation and bridge systems for OSI's government and naval markets. The Systems Engineer plays a critical role in the development of the overall system requirements' design and definition for OSI's complex products. The Systems Engineer will execute various system engineering functions throughout the life cycle of the project. The incumbent must have experience working with military naval systems and system components (software engineering, hardware engineering, integration and test, production, manufacturing and logistics) and can take on the technical lead of a project.
The main responsibilities are:
- Develops design concepts and generates technical proposal in response to Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Develops system designs, performs functional analysis, defines systems architecture, defines interfaces and specification, performs trade-studies and documents the design by writing SSDD, ICDs, SRS
- Performs requirement analysis, traceability and maintenance of requirements
- Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies.
- Develops and recommends corrective actions
- Designs to government standards, including Military and IMO standards, ensuring ongoing compliance and adherence to requirements
- Ensures availability, reliability and other logistics support considerations are part of the system design process
- Reviews obsolescence issues and recommends design changes
- Attends and participates in customer design reviews and acceptance events
- May participate in system integration tests, trials, and acceptance tests at customer facilities
- Writes acceptance test procedures
- Manages scope of work, schedules work, estimates effort and costs, and identifies technical risks; effectively communicates status on a regular basis to management
- Works in both a team environment and independently with minimum supervision
- A proven track record in the timely delivery of military engineering related projects
- Strong knowledge of marine navigation and tactical sensors or systems
- Excellent knowledge of Systems Engineering principles, standards and best practices
- Working experience in network design and architecture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with requirements and verification management tools such as DOORS
- Knowledge of safety engineering and human factors engineering is an asset
- Experience in Systems Engineering
- Experience in marine electronics and integrated bridge systems a significant asset
- Experience in defense or government domain preferably in naval ship sector a significant asset
We have a Professional Development program in place that supports our employees in their career development by providing funds, time, and opportunities to become better at what they do.
At OSI you can make a difference. We are a change willing organization that is always looking for new ideas. We strive to improve what it is we do and how we do it. If you have ideas we would love to hear about them.
OSI fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We celebrate our diversity and strive to be more inclusive because it makes us a better company.