Inigo has raised $850m of committed capital and was authorised to write business at Lloyd's on 2 December 2020. It began underwriting on 1 January and has ambitious plans to grow into one of the leading global markets for big-ticket insurance and reinsurance. The company is looking to hire and retain the best talent in the global (re)insurance market in order to achieve its aspirations. This is a unique opportunity to join the company at the beginning of its journey.
As part of the growth plans, we are recruiting for a D&O Reserving Manager
; this role is unique opportunity to participate in a Lloyd's Syndicate start-up that aims to be a top ten Syndicate. The role is as Reserving Manager for Inigo reserves and manage the transition of the StarStone run-off to Enstar. As a result, the role holder will be visible both in the company but also externally to Lloyd's and other third parties.The key accountabilities for the role are as follows:
- Perform Quarterly Reserve Reviews (and ad-hoc analysis as needed) for Inigo portfolios in order that adequate reserves are recorded and correctly reported at each quarter-end.
- Lead annual deep dive reviews for reserve segments with a specific focus on the D&O portfolio
- Annually review and assess the loss ratios developed by Pricing for the upcoming Plan
- Responsibility for all regulatory requirements related to loss reserves to be delivered in a timely fashion,
- Ensure that IBNR reserving controls are appropriately applied in a timely matter in order to ensure quality and accuracy in reserving analyses.
You will also be managing a small team and be responsible for their development and motivation as well as any recruitment needs throughout the year.Experience and skills required:
- At least 7 years' reserving experience (ideally within a Lloyd's environment)
- Actuarial Qualification - or nearly qualified
- Strong knowledge of D&O - either from a pricing or reserving perspective
- Knowledge of ResQ software
- Demonstrable communication skills in order to work closely with the various departments such as finance and underwriting
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Inigo embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us is our mission. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, neurodiversity status or disability status.