The company is a prestigious global investment manager with offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia. The firm utilizes the power of outside-the-box research combined with constantly-evolving modern quant technology to trade the global financial markets in a highly profitable way. They are a true quantamental investment manager who have carefully built up a multi-faceted team of researchers and strategists, each of which specialize in one or more of a diverse range of assets.
The quant development team sit on the desk and create, implement and support the tools, frameworks, platforms and models for the traders, researchers and quants. Due to increased research into Commodities, they are looking for a Quant Developer to convert unprecedented research theories into tangible models and platforms, written in reliable and scalable production standard code. This is part of an invigorating project to re-modernise the firm's Commodity Risk and Trading platform.
- Design and develop systems for conducting Commodities research and real-time alpha generation.
- Build bespoke frameworks for exploring, designing and deploying systematic strategies and signals.
- Increase research velocity and create back-testing and simulation frameworks which ensure seamless strategy implementation.
- Utilise machine learning algorithms for analysing vast alternative datasets.
- Build and develop backtesting platform
- Build desktop tools for PnL estimates and position monitoring.
- Commercial experience working collaboratively with quantitative researchers, building relevant systems and implementing strategies.
- Good understanding of the overall systematic investment process. Commodities experience is desirable.
- Strong Python/C++ development skills.
- Must have experience backtesting and implementing signals and stratagies
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills; linking business problems with highly technical solutions.
- The ability to find innovative ways around convoluted mathematical and computer science problems.
- The firm has an excellent culture and is one of the most reputable in the industry, with a track record of delivering advanced custom tech and constant innovation.
- The company invests heavily in its people and their environment - it's a flat structure with scope for trajectory. You're never more than two steps away from the CTO.
- This is a permanent position with a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Please enquire for more details.
- Please do not apply if you're looking for a contract.
- You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
- Please ensure you meet the required experience section prior to applying.
- Allow 1-5 working days for a response to any job enquiry.