Lyst is the definitive fashion shopping website and app, used by over 100M shoppers a year to discover and buy fashion. More than 8.5M products from over 12,000 brands and stores can be accessed through our website and app, offering shoppers convenience and unparalleled choice.
Lyst is looking for a Lead Full-Stack Engineer to join us and help Lyst build and grow our product. You will work closely with our current engineers, designers, growth and product managers to develop new product features and help us execute our product strategy. You will be working within our App Tribe in one of the mission based squads.
As a member of the Member Experience squad you'll be working on our member experience mission. The team is responsible for the collection of email and push notification services that support the Lyst mobile app and website. The role will be to drive technical improvements and innovations to the system through partnering with your product manager and tech leadership. The role also requires hands-on development and line management of engineers.What you will be working on:
- Building new and maintaining existing features and functionality for our push notification and email system
- Improving and building new data model on user behaviour to create the perfect email content sent at the perfect time
- Understanding business requirements to improve monitoring
- Integration with other APIs and services internal and external
- Documenting and being accountable for the stability of the system
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Postgresql, Redis, SQS, SNS
- Collaborating with product managers, web and app engineers to help execute on product vision and drive value for our business
- Scaling, improving and maintaining our system for sending push notification and emails to our customers
- Proven experience with Django/Python and web fundamentals.
- Proven experience with web fundamentals.
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team. You are able to explain your ideas clearly and transform them into plans. You are able to design the solution to a complex problem.
- You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production.
- You aren't afraid to refactor existing code in favour of working around shortcomings.
- A thorough knowledge of automated testing, particularly unit testing.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines i.e. CircleCI etc.
- You get 29 days' time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Conferences and events. We're big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training & development budget
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Transport season ticket loans