Who we are looking for
As a Software Release Automation Engineer, you will take responsibility for providing technical direction for the ongoing development of automation infrastructure.
Software Release supports the Software Development function and will deal with the compilation and delivery of bespoke applications from Software Configuration Management (SCM) through to release into Production. This is a set of responsibilities made increasingly complex due to the different platforms and solutions that the products are written in.
The team is responsible for Test Environment Management, Release Management and ownership of the Regulatory Versioning application. The support and maintenance of the appropriate source control and orchestration tools/applications also fit within Software Release accountability.Preferred skills and experience
- Knowledge of automation products and experience in at least one product.
- Commercial experience working in a release/deployment/automation function.
- Experience of Continuous Integration.
- Commercial experience of version control software; Git, Mercurial, TFS, SVN.
- Experience with multiple scripting languages; Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Groovy.
- Excellent working knowledge of TSQL.
- Good working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experienced in change control and governance.
- Proven track record of automating solutions at scale.
- Supporting and maintaining the technology stack used in our DevOps automation platforms.
- Reviewing existing processes and design automation incorporating business process improvements, re-engineering and delivering greater efficiency.
- Conforming to best practices to ensure automated software components are designed and implemented to a high standard.
- Proposing automation solutions to replace and improve on existing processes.
- Developing, troubleshooting and supporting orchestration workflows/layers.
- Working with project teams to turn infrastructure designs into automated solutions using the most appropriate automation platform/toolset.
- Conforming to our security requirements and version control and release management processes.
- Participating in an on-call service as technical escalation for automation/platform issues.
- Applying active governance around overall design, quality, and technical standards.