Based in Central London, this global media corporate has an international hub servicing the rest of the world. In recent years its model has adapted to reshape core client products. These developments have enabled the business to keep up with technological advancements and changes in the way people perceive the world. With a very clear cultural identity, this organisation takes extra care to attract socially engaged individuals who share the same values and want to work in an unrestricted environment, whilst upholding corporate responsibility.
Reporting directly to the Head of International Tax, you will be part of a three-person team responsible for the tax affairs of commercial operations in over forty countries. You will help with managing the tax affairs of its international businesses, including in managing the in-house UK tax compliance process across corporate tax and VAT. This role consists of around 70% reporting/compliance work and 30% advisory work. You will also be overseeing a Tax Trainee.
- Pro-actively provide and implement ideas in improving compliance and reporting processes and procedures
- Where required, support the Head of International Tax in international advisory work, which might include legal entity rationalisation, tax-efficient cash repatriation and M&A activity
- Working with external VAT advisor to manage our strategy with regards to complex VAT matters
- Undertake the day to day management of the in-house tax compliance process for the UK Group across corporate tax, employment tax and VAT, with the support of the Tax Accountant.
- Liaising with external advisors where necessary to obtain support with regards to complex corporate tax matters
- Being a key point of contact for ad hoc VAT and PAYE queries from around the business
- Where required support the Head of International Tax with tax authority enquiries and tax audits across Europe and LatAm
- In the quarterly tax reporting process, provide critical support to the US Group tax team
- In the European review, your key role will be to provide support to local Finance Leaders in the finalisation of their local country tax disclosures.
- ACA/ACCA qualified with minimum 2-3 years' post-qualified experience
- Significant tax compliance experience in a professional services firm essential and experience of overseas tax regimes an advantage
- US GAAP reporting experience preferred but not essential
- In-house tax experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills - being able to communicate tax technical issues easily to non-tax professionals.
- Excellent bonus
- Social and collaborative company culture
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Healthcare plan.
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners: