is a specialist software engineering and consulting organization within Wipro Digital. Our core charter is to help our enterprise customers accelerate their digital transformation programs through our velocity™ consulting practice or rescue at risk and complex software engineering engagements with targeted interventions.
In addition, our global co-innovation studios are designed to deliver end-to-end design, co-creation, professional education, and product development. What do we do:
What you'll do
- Velocity Consulting: Targeted intervention to solve highly complex engineering problems or rescue at-risk engagements by small group of experts.
- Co-creation Studios: Ideation, design, training, engineering to product development.
- Professional Education: High-impact training courses taught by practitioners (Agile, and Lean methodologies).
- Consultative Engineering - Identify, articulate, and influence the shape of business outcomes through platform solutions across the business and technology landscape and across the lifecycle from concept, through realization into production and back again. You will be able to balance the books between technology purism, best-practice, and solution-fit.
- Collaborative Solutioning - We are looking for people who want to work in cross-functional teams, and want to help others learn how to build them, and why they're valuable; people with a grasp of a variety of technologies, languages, and methodologies, along with their pros and cons.
- This role may require up to 75% domestic or international travel, often working directly at client locations
buildit is growing. We're looking for a high caliber, hands-on Principal Software Engineer experienced in cloud adoption and migration, with excellent comprehension of modern engineering from toolsets to methods, practices to technologies.Job Description
- Solve complex business challenges, defining and building best practices focused on cloud native architectures
- Define, build and deploy effective and targeted strategies to accelerate broad pre-sales engineering activities
- Develop automated solutions to build, deploy, and test applications in a cloud environment
- Own, oversee, and drive improvement of the software development practice across the project team
- Coach/mentor client, and consulting teams whilst delivering transformative solutions
- Deep hands-on Java (plus Spring framework) and C#/.NET. Python and/or Node.js would be nice to have
- High level and deep technical experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment, particularly Jenkins, Travis and/or CircleCI
- Uses testing as a baseline practice: TDD, BDD, integration, E2E
- Understands the challenges presented by cloud adoption and migration in both enterprise and greenfield contexts; how to build cloud native applications from scratch and tackling monolithic system estates through the introduction of API's, microservices and gateways
- Hands-on practitioner with the ability to demonstrate and communicate at all levels bringing complex technological issues into perspective for specialists and laymen alike, enabling our clients to adapt to changing needs, improve their time to live, and deliver better solutions though better software
- Performs and accepts regular code reviews
- Deep experience with DevOps architecture and implementation
- Understanding of containers with heavy experience in at least one or more of: Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher
- Working experience with cloud infrastructure/services (AWS or Azure preferred, also Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform)
- Understanding of high-availability, disaster-recovery, monitoring and logging at scale
- Software engineering background with consulting experience and recent experience with Big 4
- AWS DevOps Engineer or Azure DevOps Solution certification, Docker (DCA) or Kubernetes (CKAD) certification a plus
- Highly articulate with good communication skills across diverse groups, including stakeholders, engineers, business analysts, and teams
- Initiative to identify value work and execute delivery
- Demonstrated leadership through influencing stakeholders and up-skilling engineers
- Commercial awareness using a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- Systems thinker who understand how large organizations operate and common pitfalls, LEAN manufacturing
- Understands Agile as a mindset, with direct experience in Scrum, Kanban, and/or SAFe
- Proven track record of working within and leading multi-functional teams