Chess Dynamics is an established Leading Design & Manufacturing business, with several sites across the UK. Our product range is cutting-edge and services the surveillance and defense industries with products that aid specific client requirements - driving innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
The Systems Design Engineer will assist in all phases across the complete systems engineering lifecycle; including requirements capture, system architecture design, and verification and validation activities.
Working as part of an established engineering community and supported by a team of experienced engineers, the Systems Engineer is responsible for: Key Responsibilities
The Successful Applicant
- Heading the specification, architectural design, and verification and validation of projects, including Safety Cases.
- Applying practical skills in design techniques for defence and commercial applications, understanding key process tools and technologies.
- Developing and applying knowledge of systems engineering to undertake and support various tasks and activities across the lifecycle, delivering to agreed performance targets, including cost and schedule.
- Producing block diagrams, detailed design drawings and supporting calculations.
- Practical evaluation of new and emerging technologies.
- Working closely with the wider engineering team to manage design changes and solve problems on complex systems.
- Work with customers to assist integration, commissioning and problem resolution activities.
- International and Domestic travel will be required.
- Assist project & senior management with engineering projects.
- Progress items to required timescales so that overall project milestones are achieved.
What's on Offer
- A strong academic background with a degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management and system design. process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Previous experience of Naval or Military Systems (highly desirable).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent Relationship Management.
- System architecture design planning.
- Customer deployment and end to end customer management.
- Complex problem solving with the ability to produce clear and concise technical documentation and evidence system-level thinking.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of IP networks would be beneficial.
A competitive salary with benefits including 26 days Annual holiday (plus Bank Holidays), Contributory Pension, Income Protection Scheme, Life Cover and a High-Street Discounts Scheme.Please note
that due to the high volume of applications for this role we may not be able to respond to everyone. If you have not heard within 14 days from the date of your application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.