Exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing technology start-up company who helps OEMs implement the latest technology to increase functionality, reduce cost and downtime and increase efficiency. The company is already well known in a wide-range of industries including EVs, mobile and off highway machinery, agriculture and renewable energy. The company is looking for an ambitious and self-motivated Applications Engineer with the ability to help build a business through accurate, timely completion of projects and solutions.Key Responsibilities:
- Ownership of complete application development lifecycle - from requirements analysis, through to delivery and post-implementation support.
- System Design - including network architecture layouts, functional specifications, safety analysis/FMEA, test protocols, etc.
- Software Development - using proprietary IDEs to develop higher level application software to customer requirements and based on design activities
- Testing - Design and implement custom test protocols based on the application requirements.
- Onsite Installation & Commissioning - travelling to customer sites to install the system and support the commissioning.
- Project Management - Full responsibility for the complete project lifecycle. Exposure to project management principles, frameworks and tools would be desirable but not essential as training can be provided.
- Training/Customer Support - assist customers with system on-boarding and on-going support and problem solving.
- Delivery of projects on time and on budget and a commercial understanding of good project control mechanisms
- 3+ years' experience in use of relevant programming tools (preferably C or CODESYS) - full product training will be provided
- 1+ years' experience with real-time embedded control solutions
- Exposure to CAN-bus and CAN-bus protocols (CANopen, J1939, etc.)
- Knowledge of real-time control engineering principles (essential)
- Mechatronics, Electronic or Computer Science degree
- MS Office experience essential
- Travel will be a requirement in this role (predominantly UK, but also Europe and rest of world) - approx. 40%
- Based in Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire
- Opportunity to grow both role and department within the business
- Competitive Salary and Benefits package available to the right candidate