Job Title: Head of Finance (Living Division- Residential, BTR, Purpose Built Student Accommodation)
Line Manager: Finance Director
Based: Marylebone, London
*Please read* - If you would like to apply for the role, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.The Company
Dominvs Group is a privately owned, trusted group of companies focused on the hotel, residential and commercial real estate sectors in the United Kingdom.
Founded in 2011, Dominvs Group is an end-to-end business, with capabilities spanning acquisition, design, planning, development and asset management.
Our differentiation stems from our ability to approach each project individually and identify the optimal strategy to maximise value. We combine a highly knowledgeable team with trusted partnerships, and in doing so have built a reputation for quality throughout the industryKey responsibilities
You will be the key finance contact for the "Living" division of Dominvs Group, which covers Purpose Built Student Accommodation, Residential, Co-living and Build to Rent.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:-
- Producing the Business Plan for the division which consolidates the site appraisals and forecasts which includes a forecast balance sheet, profit and loss account and cashflow
- Liaising with the operational teams to ensure the business plan is maintained and up to date
- Liaising with institutional partners and banks to provide information on projects
- Producing the management accounts for all companies which fall within the division
- Preparing and posting monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries
- Leading the year-end audit process for the division
- Producing and maintaining the monthly Vat and CIS returns.
- Proactively seeking efficiencies and in streamlining process & systems.
- Ensuring effective cash control, debt management, tax implications and covenant compliance.
- Ensuring effective risk control and is a business partner actively working with development, land and sales teams; able to add value by integrating work streams and breaking down silos
- Review current ways of working and is then able to manage change to overhaul/streamline and build effective, efficient reporting, policies and forecasting systems.
- Responsible for producing the annual financial statements and accounts, ensuring a clean audit report and that the accounts follow best financial practice.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Significant post qualification experience in a similar position in the residential development sector
- Strong excel skills with experience of producing a consolidated business plan and maintaining appraisals/financial models
- Development of financial models
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Experience of various accounting systems
Other information I need to know
- Well organised and team player
- Proven analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Good knowledge of reporting software
- Uses tact and diplomacy and able to engage with people at all levels
- Discretion to the highest level
- Resilient in a changing environment
- Pro-active and assertive approach
- Remains calm under pressure
- Supportive and constructive style
- Solution focused with a proven ability to achieve results
- The role involves meeting regular deadlines and working within a budget
- The position occasionally requires work to be done outside of normal working hours and this will be expected when necessary.
This role profile indicates only the main duties and responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list. We may need to change your role profile from time to time as our business changes and we would like you to help with this. Any changes will be discussed between us and confirmed in writing.