Stuart is a leading last-mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and eCommerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
Our beautiful office is located in a co-working space Fora Space, 71 Central Street London EC1V 8AB.About the Role
We're looking for a Business Operations Lead (Automation) to join our fast-growing (now 100+) London Operations team reporting to Charles Bridge, Head of Business Operations. No two consecutive days at Stuart are alike: your goal will be to lead the Automation team within Business Operations; to design, plan and fulfil the automation roadmap to support the UK Business in key areas such as courier pay, client invoicing, shift management and courier quality; and to lead operational automation strategies across the UK.Responsibilities
- Build and manage a high performing team, motivate them to continually achieve higher levels of business impact
- Create and deliver on automation strategies and projects in coordination with operational and commercial teams
- Own Stuart UK's automation roadmap and processes
- Set the technical direction of the team and outline technical needs in alignment with local engineering
- Understand the innovative operational models that Stuart is launching to serve new clients and their growing needs, ensuring scalability from day one
- Collaborate with other countries on international harmonisation projects
- Work with Data and Product teams to ensure automation needs and output is captured in Stuart's product roadmap
- 5+ years of work experience in a relevant area such as software engineering or data science in a high-growth environment
- Strong computer science knowledge with previous experience creating automated processes within a business environment
- Experience building and managing teams
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with diverse set of stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines
- Expert in a programming language (Python, R, Java)
- Exposure to Git
- Experience with AWS, Docker, REST and database management is a plus
- Lunch paid for every day (in value up to £10) at work and all the free drinks/snacks you can handle
- Monthly gym allowance (in value up to £40) to use in any gym or for any sport class - a healthy mind in a healthy body!
- Private health care provided by AXA (including dental and optical)
- Pension taken care of through a partnership with Royal London
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a great company culture.
- Lunchtime sports: frequent yoga, meditation, HIIT, 5 a side football & squash