Our client, a leading oil and gas operator have an immediate requirement for a JV Analyst. This is an initial 12 months' contract based in Aberdeen.
The JV Analyst role is to provide functional finance support to asset managers within the Clients portfolio. This includes all Operated assets and non-Operated licence in the exploration or pre-development phase. To act as focal point between finance and budget holders (typically the Asset Manager) to ensure accounting integrity and the robust business performance management reporting, appropriate functional finance involvement in key project issues where required and the appropriate functioning of finance processes, such as liaising with the accounts payable team for invoice payment.
The analyst will also have primary responsibility for Joint Venture administration including the preparation of required documents for operated licences (Joint Interest Bills, AFEs, annual budgets), recording of operated and non-operated Joint Interest Billings in the SUN accounting system and documentation and facilitation of necessary Joint Venture approvals.
Where drilling activity is undertaken, the analyst must work alongside the Drilling Accountants to ensure reporting requirements are met for month end and partner reporting, JOA compliance and Clients internal costs reporting (actual and forecast).
- Annual preparation of partner and Client budgets in accordance with timetables
- Monthly preparation of Operated Joint Interest Billings
- Monthly recording and administration of Non-Operated Joint Interest Billings
- Monthly preparation of actual / forecast project cost for internal Business Unit Reporting
- Monthly performance of control account reconciliations for Operated Joint Ventures
- Timely preparation of supplementary JV Cost Reports to the business
- Ensuring all Joint Venture transaction are supported by a clear audit trail and prepare for Joint Venture audit as required
- Year to date and full year revised forecast performed with budget holders on a monthly basis
- Represent Client at OCM/FCM as agreed with asset managers
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate:
- Professional exam qualified (CA / CIMA / ACCA)
- Previous experience in an operated Joint Venture accounting environment within this industry.
- Upstream Oil industry experience required along with sound knowledge of accounting concepts and principles for Joint Venture operations
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Sun Sytems accounting system
- IBM TM1 enterprise planning
- IBM Maximo asset management
- Awareness and understanding of Joint Operator Agreements