Bankside 3, Southwark Street, London (will be remote initially)ABOUT CDM:
As part of one of the world's most admired healthcare advertising agencies, CDM London brings people, brands, ideas and innovation together to change real lives in extraordinary ways. Situated on the 8th floor of Omnicom's Bankside HQ, CDM London has become one of the fastest growing agencies in London, consistently building strong client relationships to produce great work, resulting in a burgeoning creative reputation and a flourishing and growing business.
At CDM London we live and breathe by our values Substance, Style, Conviction and Grace. We understand medicine, know the data but strive to bring creativity to everything we do. We're not afraid to stand by our point of view, and understand how we communicate is key. And we care deeply about our work and the people we work with.
By challenging ourselves to incorporate these values into our day-to-day work, it creates a 'lifechanging' experience for our people, our clients and for patients.Our commitment:
CDM London is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate individuality and diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and a sense of belonging for all employees.
For us, inclusivity and diversity aren't "nice-to-have" - they're central to our business strategy. The more inclusive we are, the more people feel they can bring their whole selves to work, the better our work will be.
As part of our commitment to creating an inclusive workplace we are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and have also signed the Time to Change Pledge. We know this is a journey and we are on our way.
What can we do for you? That's the most important bit. We want everyone to have the best possible interview experience, so please do let us know if we can help in any way.The role:
At CDM, account people are part of our clients' extended team. Totally integral to their business, you'll get to know our clients, proactively identify their needs and challenges, and deliver unexpected solutions that exceed expectations.
Reporting to a Senior Account Director on several exciting clients, you'll get the support you need with the autonomy any SAM looks for to own projects and relationships. You'll also be working directly with scientific, strategic and creative team members in a supportive, collaborative and creative environment.About you:
You are someone who thrives in a close team environment, working with and through others to solve business issues. You will be passionate about what we do and how we can ultimately help more patients get the best treatments through informing and inspiring physicians with our communications. You will use your experience to seek out solutions that work for all parties, internally and externally. You'll also be a firm believer in the importance of making work fun. It's advertising, right? If we're not having fun, we're not doing it right.
You will be an experienced AM ready to make the next step in your career.Key responsibilities:Client Management
- Key day-to-day team contact, liaising internally and externally (also with agency partners)
- Strong understanding of both strategic thinking and project delivery, and able to flex nimbly between the two
- High emotional intelligence, able to read a room and adapt communication for different audiences
- Great communication skills, both spoken and written, and able to communicate with confidence at all levels
- Conveys ideas and information in an effective and clear, concise manner, verbally and in writing, in individual and group situations
- Understanding of the commercial side of an agency and how we make money - track record of running buttoned-up accounts with all the t's crossed and the i's dotted
- Responsible for financial analysis (e.g. reconciliation) and budgeting across broad range of projects
- Ability to identify and deliver opportunities for organic growth in the accounts they are responsible for
Skills & Experience
- Integral and integrated member of the account team and wider agency
- Formal and informal mentor to more junior member of staff (with line management responsibilities where appropriate)
- Active and enthusiastic participant in new business activity and pitches
- Minimum of 3 years of healthcare agency experience. You might be working in a medical education, digital, patient comms or market research agency and are thinking about a change to advertising
- Experienced Account Manager looking to move into SAM role
- Experience of running the day to day of accounts, ideally regional and global levels
- Evidence of working across or with other disciplines, notably digital, will be a distinct advantage but not a necessity
- Evidence of strong work ethic and proactivity in and out of education/work
- Proficient in MS Office software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Travel required (mostly Europe, covid restrictions permitting)