Our client, an award winning employer based in East Sussex, is currently recruiting for a Head of IT Architecture and Security on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who in addition to providing an attractive salary package (£52,000 - £61,000pa), offer many additional benefits including flexi-time and home working, 27 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays) rising to 30 days, and generous contributory pension scheme.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Defining, implementing and maintaining an IT systems architecture and ensuring that technical solutions are aligned to it
- Ensure that the IT architecture meets necessary security standards
- Ensure the current architectural landscape is fully understood and appropriately documented
- Identify and prioritise areas for transformation and champion these within the framework of overall change for the organisation to drive forward improvements
- Create and maintain a clear architectural vision for approval which represents and reflects the technology roadmap for the organisation and the key milestones required to achieve this
- Develop architectural standards and principles that demonstrate a thorough understanding of the business direction and meet necessary security and compliance standards
- Actively champion and communicate the IT architectural vision and roadmap to all stakeholders in a manner that is tailored to the intended audiences and easily understood
- Maintain an active understanding of key business drivers, major strategic initiatives and changes in the external market to ensure the architectural vision and roadmap remains relevant and adds value
- Undertake strategic analysis, including research into suppliers, markets, products and services, to inform and develop strategic plans
- Provide technical leadership ensuring there is a clear architectural direction and, wherever possible, project solutions that move our technology landscape towards the architectural vision
- Guide the architecture work of the technical teams in a matrix environment
- Ensure security and technical architectural principles are applied during design activity
- Provide strategic and technical leadership on best practice information security and clearly communicate this through the architectural vision, principles and standards to ensure that the technology estate remains secure and risk levels are managed
- Working closely with the Business Engagement and PMO functions, identify and analyse business drivers to derive enterprise business, information, technical and solution architecture requirements
- Analyse sector, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts
- Provide coaching and mentoring of ITS staff to develop a culture of continuous improvement and technical excellence
- Recruit and manage the work of any consultants or architects, as agreed in the overall plans
- Chair the Technical Design Authority and plan architecture related development work in collaboration with the core membership and other committees
- Report through appropriate existing management structures, supporting decision making through representation of architectural principles
- Provide a strategic interface, advising and influencing how best to utilise the IT architecture to achieve desired outcomes
- Facilitate the development and presentation of business cases for high-level initiatives, prioritisation and funding approval
For further information on the position, please email enquiries to email@example.com.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don't forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details