Hadley Group are a global cold rollforming manufacturer of custom cold rolled profiles across the automotive, construction, industrial and agricultural sectors. Employing over 500 people across seven manufacturing sites worldwide including the Netherlands and the Middle East and built upon engineering excellence and innovation in cold rollforming technology, we are committed to our customers, people and the environment.The Role
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer, ideally with experience in special purpose machinery to join our Technical Centre of Excellence, a world-class facility dedicated to research and product development, tooling & machinery design, manufacture and technical support and focused on delivering continuous improvement in cold roll forming technology and the many other areas of engineering in which we operate.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is passionate about Engineering and Design and enjoys a 'hands on' role. You will be working on the design of new projects as well as refurbishments and there will be lots of opportunity to bring new ideas and improve on what we have. As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will have the ability to create robust & functional design solutions to industrial problems. Working to improve efficiency and quality of machines, you will complete designs on production machinery and equipment used in the cold roll forming manufacturing process so it is essential that you have machine design experience and a physical understanding of special purpose machinery. The Candidate
Please note that Hadley Group is not engaging with recruitment agencies for this vacancy and therefore request that agencies do not make unsolicited approaches with regards to this vacancy. We will not be liable for any related fees should agencies choose to submit CVs/ Introductions of candidates to an employee of Hadley Group. In the event of any employment under these circumstances as noted above, our policy will supersede your terms of business and unsolicited approaches may affect our decision when reviewing our PSL in the future.
- A strong engineering background with previous experience gained in a mechanical design based role - machine design experience is essential
- NVQ/BTEC or HND in an engineering related discipline, a degree would be desirable
- A high level of competence with 2D & 3D CAD Packages, ideally AutoCAD & Autodesk Inventor. 3D modelling is essential
- Ability to draw, read and interpret complex engineering drawings, GA's and fully understand geometric tolerances
- Knowledge of milling, turning, drilling, grinding and fabrication manufacturing processes
- Ability to build rapport and work well with Production and Maintenance teams
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic circuit design experience
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver results within a fast-moving, quality conscious manufacturing business.
- Familiar with CE Machinery Directive and OSHA standards
- The successful candidate must have eligibility to work in the UK and without sponsorship