OPM are representing candidates to a developer of video games known to millions throughout the world. This role is a Programming position in a AAA videogames developer. They are seeking someone with extensive and deep programming experience within C++ and a passion to join the video games industry who can transfer their skills to a niche of games.
- Applying extensive experience to design, implement and document code to the required standards, agreeing timescales with the team, testing your work and fixing bugs.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Work in a potentially cross discipline team to develop code delivering features and tools for the game and its development.
- Take part in agile planning sessions and daily stand-up meetings.
- Work closely with the design team to plan code, produce technical designs and overviews, and respond to feedback on your designs from your line-manager and others.
- C++ within the video Games industry.
- Computer architecture knowledge.
- Code optimization & memory management.
- Problem solving within an agile games development environment.
- Communication skills with highly technical co-workers and developers.
- Time management within the pressures of a commercial games production role.
- Teamwork and ability to work to tight deadlines.