is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers. Its Clean Air and Powertrain division pairs Tenneco's OE Clean Air business with Federal-Mogul's legacy Powertrain business, to provide customers with complete engine to tailpipe solutions.Tenneco Powertrain
, in partnership with major vehicle manufacturing groups are developing key elements of hybrid power systems for the next generation of advanced, fuel efficient vehicles.
For our location in Laindon (Basildon), Essex
we are looking for a Senior Quality Manager
who will be responsible for:
Key Responsibilities Compliance to quality standards and certifications
- Leading compliance with relation to quality and environmental standards and certifications required by FMCP/TCP organization, its customers and suppliers to support the business plan and strategic vision.
- Working with organizational leadership and management teams to ensure the Quality Management System (QMS) encompasses and adheres to all relevant standards and market expectations (e.g. ISO 9001, IATF A-Spice, ISO 26262)
- Accountable to the organization and functional areas for overseeing quality of processes and tools are properly identified, prioritized and deployed. Year over year continuous improvement required via a structured and sustainable plan.
- To advise, steer and support as necessary all quality related roles within the organizational structure including project, product, production, finance, supply chain, etc.
- Act as group senior manager voice to the customer / market representing quality of FMCP.
- Ensuring all organizational quality related targets are defined, reported and controlled: KPI's, Communication - internally and externally, Knowledge acquisition - to support long term organic growth, Lessons learned, Rigor and discipline through spot checks and audits
- Ensure the business has the correct level of certification to support strategic goals of design, development, manufacture and supply of products:
o ISO 9001
o IATF 16949
o ISO 26262 (functional safety) (advantageous)
o A Spice (advantageous)
o Other quality related systems as required - i.e. TSAX, ISO 27001Quality Management System
Oversight and planning of organization quality process and tools
- Ensure the quality management system conforms to the requirements of all the ISO standards deployed throughout the business and business affiliates.
- Manage the integrity of the quality management system when organization or process changes are planned and implemented.
Oversight, advisement and steering of all quality related roles in organization
- Continually review the organizations quality processes and tools to ensure they are fit for purpose and effective. Work with organization leaders and department managers aligning on process and tool improvement needs in addition to defining role out accountabilities and responsibilities. Effectiveness and continuous improvements should be measured via appropriate KPIs.
- Manage the role out and timing for Internal and external audits for adherence to processes.
- Ensure the organization meets its obligations with suppliers and customers to achieve and maintain the required compliance levels and timing.
FMCP quality representative and voice to the customer
- Ensure all internal and external customer quality requirements / needs are understood and communicate within the organization and develop clear plans to provide solutions for each case.
- Together with department leaders review, identify and continuously improve quality gaps. This includes resource planning, skill assessment and training, inter-departmental boundaries and way of working, process and tool improvements.
- Ensure all supplier quality requirements are understood and develop clear plans together with supply chain leaders to provide solutions for each case.
- Monitor performance against the QMS and key internal processes and provide feedback to Senior Management with actions and recommendations.
- Ensure internal managers and team members understand their quality obligations in relation to internal and external, requirements, standards and working practices.
What will make you successful
- Maintain an oversight with proper management level summary of all product quality related issues internally and externally
- Control and oversee the means of reporting quality issues to the customer and identify the risks to Steer and work together with department leads to resolve identified problems as per needs and commitments to external customers.
What you can expect next
- Relevant 10 years industry experience within an OEM or Tier one automotive supplier
- Understanding of IATF16949, ISO 9001, ASPICE, ISO26262
- Problem solver with good knowledge of structured problem-solving tools and methodologies
- Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Good written and oral communication
- Understanding of Quality Tools and Customer Specific Requirements (e.g. Daimler MBST, Ford/ QS9000 - FMEA, SPC, MSA, etc.)
- Good solid team player with the ability to lead by example and foster confidence in others
- Good time management skills, self-starting - proven ability to manage own workload to achieve timelines
- Willing to travel globally (to supplier / customer base) - applicable only in accordance with COVID regulations
- Knowledge and experience of rotating electrical machines, E-machine products (advantageous)
- Knowledge and understanding of hybrid vehicle concepts
- Understanding and experience of structured programme management tools e.g. product development process, project management process
- Capable of managing high, fluctuating work workload and effectively prioritizing
- Pro-active, self-motivated, quality leadership work ethic
Our team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
We are committed to the safety and health of our employees. We adhere to social distancing recommendations and other protocols, ensuring a safe work environment for all.