Valerann is a fast-growing Smart Cities startup, based in London and Tel Aviv. We work with the world's largest infrastructure operators to transform roads into data-generating assets. Through our work and partnerships, we look to reshape the way operators use data to make traffic safer, more efficient, and support autonomous vehicles. If you want to be part of a dynamic and award-winning start-up and help shape the future of mobility - join Valerann!
We are developing a traffic management solution that is based on a unique vehicle-level data fusion. We ingest streams of data (IoT, Video, Social feed) into our AWS cloud environment; we run machine learning algorithms to identify various traffic issues and feed them back in real-time to vehicles and traffic control centres. We have made huge progress, but we need your help to move to the next level.
Our London-based team is looking for a talented, experienced and hard-working front end developer. Your primary focus will be developing and improving our web app which is in use in highways control centres in Europe and around the world. You will develop user interface components and implement them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux, Storybook). You will work closely with our product manager and our data engineers/scientists team.
A proven experience that we are looking for:
- RESTful API
- Developing web applications (not just websites)
- Common front-end development tools such as Webpack, Storybook, Git
- Mapping platforms, preferably Mapbox or Leaflet.
- Developing responsive web applications
- UI Testing, performance optimisation and browser-based debugging.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
You should be
- A person who likes to work in a startup environment: dealing with uncertainties, working in a small team, taking initiatives, and finally, committed to our mission.
- Someone who is passionate about mobility, excited about our vision, and would like to improve the safety and efficiency of our roads systems.
- Someone who is not afraid of challenges and enjoys engineering complex systems.
- Someone who can work directly with end-users, understand their needs, identify MVP and develop the right product.
Location (when life gets back to normal): London/Camden
*The company is an equal opportunity employer