AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services, including foreign currency drafts, wire transfers, risk management tools with designated Account Executives. We can handle every aspect of a client's foreign payment needs, from risk consultation to transaction execution.
Happy to announce that we're currently hiring a Senior Credit Analyst for our London office!Role:
Credit Analyst is responsible for independent, comprehensive credit review and risk assessment of the customer or/and transaction and recommend it or decide on such request for AFEX EMEA region.Key Responsibilities:
1. Perform independent credit review and risk assessment of new and existing transactions/clients/limits, including steers of potential new clients.
2. Periodically review client's financial position and portfolio, based on the agreed occurrence and riskiness of the account.
3. Prepare post trade reviews on transactions including contract extensions/roll overs/modifications, according to the valid approval matrix.
4. Risk management task such as managing open trades and ensuring outstanding payment are collected, managing open receivables and collateral (initial and variation margin)
5. Prepare regular and ad hoc reports for the internal and external stakeholders
6. Direct interaction with the Sales Group and their clients;
7. Train and supervise junior member of the team
8. Other duties as assigned.Experience/ Requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Credit underwriting or Risk Management in banking or financial services environment
- A university degree in Finance or Business (or equivalent) or relevant professional qualifications.
- Fluency in English (oral and writing); fluency in other European languages is strongly desirable but not condition
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with the Sales Group and their clients
- Excellent computing skills with all common Microsoft Office environment.
- Analytical mind, must be detail-oriented, capable of multi-tasking, highly motivated individual
- Persistent in problem solving, focused on problem solutions and not problems itself.
- Able to work cross market and cross function
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange payments and derivative products preferred.
"AFEX is committed to offering equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or military or veteran status. AFEX complies with all applicable laws governing discrimination and harassment in employment in every location and jurisdiction in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training. Please review our GDRP policy on our career page for more information"