My client are a market driven supplier/manufacturer of miniature power transmission systems and controls dedicated to supporting a global network of customers that demand world class performance.
They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer
to join their applications / customer support team.
This is a permanent role, salary £40,000-50,000 + benefits and is based in Crewkerne, Somerset.
This new role is for a highly motivated, determined Electro/ Mechanical Engineer to join their team to support customer engineering projects delivered by our European sales team who interface with the design and development teams of major OEM's.
Working alongside the customer they gather technical and commercial project information which is passed to our engineering teams to specify a product from our catalogue or design / develop a bespoke solution. These global customer projects bring complex application, data and compliance requirements which involve our teams researching, applying and testing our products to deliver the answers.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Preferably an 'all-rounder' with broad based engineering skills ideally with sales project / application support experience. You will be able to demonstrate an innovative flair to solve the design challenge in front of you and a readiness to consider all aspects of the customer requirement.
- An MEng or similar qualified Mechanical engineer) Experienced (at least 5 years) in hands-on design and actualization, ideally of transmission assemblies.
- Highly fluent in CAD (Solidworks)
- Capable of owning and delivering multiple sales projects interfacing directly with our team of sales engineers, customers, supply chain, manufacturing and test facilities.
- Strong organizational skills to set and meet customer project timescales.
This client offers an excellent working environment at their manufacturing facility which includes modern machining, injection moulding, coil winding and automated assembly facilities. Joining our six strong team of mechanical, CAD, electrical and electronic design engineers you will work alongside the sales team on a variety of challenging, innovative projects and occasionally have the opportunity to present these directly to customers.