Fintern is a digital consumer lender on a mission to expand access to low-cost personal finance and transform the financial well-being of our customers. Fintern's next generation credit technology bypasses credit scores in making lending decisions, focusing instead on affordability.
Fintern builds relationships with customers helping them to understand their repayment capacity and credit appetite. Fintern integrates its AI platform with Open Banking to smartly connect the dots in consumers' banking data enabling Fintern to obtain the most accurate view of borrowers' affordability and spending behaviour using up to the minute transaction information.
About the job
We are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to drive Fintern's loan management and monitoring processes, by working closely with Fintern's COO and CRO. The role includes operations, treasury, fraud and credit aspects.
The key responsibilities of the Operations Manager are:
- Own and operate controls around the loan disbursement process including fraud, identity verification, documentation completeness and adherence to credit policy (comprising both automated and manual controls)
- Manage and monitor the financial booking process for loan cash-flows (disbursement and repayments), including reconciliations between the general ledger, product systems and bank accounts (with support from Finance)
- Manage the inter-company treasury and service processes between the parent company (originator and servicer) and funding SPVs, including transfers of loans to SPVs, treasury management in adherence with funding covenants, and ensuring service levels are met
- Develop and maintain robust reporting/tracking on: i) Loan operations (time to cash, documentation completeness, operational errors); ii) Internal controls; iii) Loan covenants and borrower performance; iv)Performance and effectiveness of the Arrears and Forbearance process
In addition, the Operations Manager will be a key part of the COO's management team, and will support the COO in further building out Fintern's operational capabilities. While not responsible for day-to-day execution of these wider areas, the Operations Manager will be involved in design, recruitment, performance monitoring and improvement of:
- Customer support and satisfaction operations
- Credit Operations, including credit underwriting and early collections
- Operations or treasury experience for 3+ years, ideally familiar with lending businesses with SPV funding structures
- Experience establishing new processes / organisations and embedding a culture of continual improvement
- Data driven analytical approach to managing processes
We are looking for someone who:
- share our values of putting customers first
- is excited to be part of the journey to shape the future of lending
- has a flexible and open start-up mindset
- have at least 2-3 years of experience in a similar role in a lender / bank / financial institution
Compensation: On experience (compensation will have cash and equity)