Job Purpose & Mission
Stanley Black & Decker is investing to double its eCommerce and omnichannel business globally. We are recruiting to find a driven and experienced eCommerce Channel Manager who has the skills and experience to improve our eCommerce customer mix, increase our sales and understand trends and Insight that can be used to build and create a new and dynamic support function to aid the commercial strategy of the UK business.
The role is a primary UK position but benefits from a wider Northern Europe and Global matrix structure with a true multinational culture and go to market strategy. Focusing on our Retail & Trade channels you will work with industry-leading brands, best in class product innovation and be a lead figure in how Stanley Black & Decker is investing in eCommerce to sustain our position as the world No1 tool manufacturer.
Working in a dynamic environment with direct report management, this role is focused on delivery via utilizing wider functions including brand, trade marketing and commercial teams to define build and deliver an E-Com growth strategy for the UK business.Key Responsibilities
Measurement & Performance
- Plan and execute local market eCommerce and digital marketing to increase sales, grow online channels, and grow new and existing online customers
- Work "hand in glove" with the commercial teams to ensure a seamless consumer journey and an optimized brand experience
- Define the e-strategy for existing brick and mortar retailers. Work with National Account Managers to implement agreed tactics.
- Define the strategy and identify key local market "Pure play" e-tailers you should be working with.
- Utilize analytics and insight tools to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple customer touchpoints
- Work with trade marketing teams to analyse product categories and make appropriate product mix recommendations
- Effectively contributes to SEO optimization
- Develop a reporting dashboard highlighting site trends, customer behaviour observations, and KPI status
- Reviews and optimizes brand presence and merchandising on partner sites to premium brand standard
- Educate and share eCommerce best practices and work closely with cross-functional teams to roll out eCommerce initiatives
- Work closely with the wider Northern Europe Ecommerce team to ensure strong working relationships and sharing of best practice
- Embed an insight mentality for eCommerce and digital marketing activities.
- Development of a rolling 6-month plan for key eCommerce partners aligned to brand activations and commercial priorities
- Attend regular key customer meetings, creating and developing relationships with external sales and marketing teams
- Effective delivery of E-com process & implementation & metrics measurements
- Benchmarking of SBD activity
- Sales, margin impact
- Key customer growth by region
- New product penetration
Competencies & Skills
- 3-5 years' experience delivering eCommerce & omnichannel strategy for a large blue-chip organization
- Experience with Amazon Marketplace
- Higher education: marketing, digital marketing (advantage) or related
- Languages: English, other regional languages are a plus
- Travel within the UK; occasional internationally
- Driver's license
- Proven track record to perform and deliver at a senior sales & marketing level, liaising with all levels of the business.
- Strong understanding of the impact of eCommerce on multinational businesses
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strategic planner focused and priority-driven.
- Strong motivation to achieve a well organised and structured approach.
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with varied cultural needs
- Excellent presentation skills - inspirational and enthusiastic.
- Confident in eCommerce, Digital, marketing and commercial environment
- Natural leadership skills
- Strong analytical, data-driven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Comfortable using, interpreting and presenting data from analytics platforms
- Experience working with Amazon an advantage