Our client are a leading pioneer in clean air technology. They have developed a completely new technology to remove toxic gas molecules and particulates, and launched hardware products which make use of this technology to solve air quality issues in vehicles and buildings. They are developing a SaaS based sensor and reporting solution focused on smart cities and other urban environments.
This high profile financial controller position provides an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious financial controller to gain experience in a dynamic and high growth technology scale-up business.
Reporting to the part-time CFO, you'll work with a high level of autonomy to establish the financial systems and processes, and to build the finance team which will support the next phase of organisational growth. There is real potential to grow with the business, assuming the CFO position within 3 years.
The ideal candidate will be an 'all rounder' with the motivation to cover the technical, operational, commercial and system elements of the role.Responsibilities
Qualifications and experience
- Manage day-to-day company accounts
- Assist with financial planning
- Oversee Budget forecasting and cash flow management
- Ensure government compliance in all tasks
- ACA qualified within a large firm - or CIMA qualified, with subsequent technical accounting experience
- At least 5 years PQE in industry
- Experience in a global business with an in depth understanding of the financial and commercial dynamics of such an organisation
- Strong understanding and experience of financial controls and processes - including previous responsibility for month-end processes
- Technical, but practical - able to apply sound judgement to accounting situations
- FP&A experience in current or previous role
- IFRS (desirable)
- UK GAAP (essential)
- VAT and sales taxes (desirable)
- UK tax compliance (desirable)
- R&D tax credits (desirable)
- Group transfer pricing (desirable)
- Custom duties and Incoterms (desirable)
- Excel intermediate (essential)
- Xero (desirable)
- Salesforce.com (desirable)
- English (essential), a second language is desirable, particularly Danish or Mandarin
Please apply to learn more about the role.
We are an equal opportunities employment business and agency working on behalf of our clients and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.