An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professional and highly motivated Accounts Receivable Assistant to join the Finance team reporting directly to the Financial Controller.
As an Accounts Receivable Assistant, the main objective of this role is to reinforce strong financial controls and careful management of the Party's income. This role is ideally suited to someone with some experience in finance or accounts looking to step up or someone who has worked within a conference and events environment in a similar administrative role looking to transition into finance.
Financial support for fundraising and events
· Coordinating and processing the day-to-day funds raised by the Treasurer's team
· Coordinating and maintaining payment solution facilities
· Support direct mail fundraising, coordinating the processing of responses and receipts
· Provide ad-hoc financial support for the events programme throughout the year
Financial support for commercial activities
· Act as the day-to-day liaison between the Finance team and the Marketing teams (including the Membership and Conference teams). Supporting the Candidates programme as and when required.
· Work closely with these teams to process charges generated from their databases and ensure manual invoices are raised accurately and in a timely fashion.
· Ensure cash receipts are posted to the appropriate accounts and the appropriate VAT treatment applied.
· Support the account management of key clients; to ensure the booking and billing process is smooth and their commercial experience is seamless.
· For the Party Conference, manage accommodation bookings in the Conference Hotel as well as CCHQ Staff accommodation at the Party Conference. Where needed, working with the Accreditation Team to assist with the database management, processing passes and contacting delegates for further information where required
Financial reporting and month end responsibilities
· Preparation of daily Treasurer's cash report and weekly income reports for distribution to stakeholders
· Mange aged debtor balances and the receivables ledger, ensuring that strict procedures are followed to mitigate bad debt through structured debt collection procedures
· Complete month-end/year-end closure procedures including monthly bank reconciliations
Ad hoc responsibilities
· Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders
· Support colleagues on the Finance team with ad hoc projects and initiatives to streamline and improve our systems and processes
Your professional experience:
· Exceptional organisational and administrative skills with the ability to work to strict deadlines
· A strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities
· Detail orientated, great numeracy skills and experience using Excel
· Previous experience in accounts and/or finance team or equivalent income generation administrative role within an operations team
· Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written
· Comfortable in dealing with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation
· Confidence with making and receiving phone calls
· A good team player with a "can do" flexible and professional approach
· The ability to work independently, be proactive with use plenty of initiative
· A commitment to self-development and the values of the Conservative Party