ID5 was created to improve online advertising for consumers, media owners and advertisers with the ultimate goal to help publishers grow sustainable revenue. Media owners have played a pivotal role in modern democratic societies. Most of them rely on advertising to fund their businesses, which enable consumers to access quality content and services at scale. The digital advertising ecosystem is being disrupted by the continued rise of global platforms like Google and Facebook: they capture the large majority of advertising investments from brands and use these resources to monopolise technical innovation for their commercial advantage.
ID5 provides premium media owners and independent technology providers with a transparent, scalable, privacy-compliant advertising identity solution to help them to compete with these tech giants and to continue to attract advertising budgets.
Launched in September 2017, ID5 currently employs 15 people and works with premium publishers, advertisers, and ad tech platforms globally, including Mail Online, Cafe Media, DPG Media, Figaro, Prisma Media, Discovery, Future Publishing , Stroer, and more. The company plans to double its team in 2021, to expand the business in the United States and to increase its footprint globally.
ID5 is a remote-first company, allowing employees to work from different locations and time zones indefinitely. We equip our team with all the tools needed to perform their work remotely and we ensure that the team bonds and stays connected thanks to regular all-hands meetings and standups, communication tools such as slack and zoom, and by organising regular offsites. We also offer WeWork membership for those who prefer not to work from home and allow individuals to move across different WeWork locations.
Do you want to work for a dynamic and disruptive ad tech start-up that views the current shifts in the digital advertising market as an opportunity to make a strong difference? If you share our ambition to make digital advertising a better place, we would love to hear from you!Job Description
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will develop new products, redesign and scale existing features, and perform research and testing on Product concepts. You will actively participate in all stages of a feature or product's life by working closely with our founders and product team.
Our tech stack, which handles +30k QPS with +100B records in our database, includes:
Our backend stack
- Java / Groovy / Grails / Tomcat
Our data stack
- Apache Spark and Zeppelin
- Elasticsearch / Kibana
Our DevOps stack
What will you do?
- Continuous integration via Gitlab, excellent automated test coverage and code review process
- Continuous rollout (several releases per week) with one-step build, test & deployment
- Work closely with Product to design and develop new or updated features of our products
- Participate in code reviews as both a reviewer and submitter
- Provide technical support to our internal and external users
- Develop and execute technical vision and architecture for Privacy-By-Design features such as Encryption and Merge Instructions
- Scale the JVM-based backend, Apache Cassandra and Elasticsearch/Kibana to handle an order of magnitude traffic volume
- Identify opportunities to improve the processes around topics like application security, CI/CD, infrastructure and data processing
What we offer to our talent
- Someone with several years of work experience, preferably in a highly scalable technology environment
- A background in Engineering or Computer Science
- Enjoys collaborating with others and has excellent communication skills
- Ideally, someone with experience and skills in Java or a language of the JVM (Groovy, Scala, ...), Databases (Cassandra, SQL), Data processing frameworks (Spark, Elastic Stack)
- Loves learning about new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company to grow the product and development environment
- An open-minded individual who will thrive in a startup environment. Responsibility, autonomy, enthusiasm, humility, and drive are key characteristics required to be successful in this role
- Remote working: you can work from anywhere in the world
- WeWork membership and option to work from different WeWork locations
- Regular offsites to enjoy face-to-face time and to bond further with your colleagues
- A dynamic environment that offers room for growth and development to all employees
- A friendly, international and multicultural team