This established, renowned Corporate and Financial Communications firm is looking for an ambitious and driven consultant who is passionate about helping businesses recognise their social and environmental impact.
This role will support the ESG and Sustainability lead in developing the capability for the business and delivering an array of work for clients across all industries. Additionally, there will be opportunity to work more broadly on campaigns incorporating media relations, corporate reputation, digital, crisis communications activities. You will form part of client teams from day one and be expected to contribute on a tactical and strategic level.Responsibilities:
Required skills and Experience:
- Conduct desk research (media audits, regulatory/political views, market intelligence reports, conversation mapping, etc) and quantitative research using market analytics tools on all ESG and sustainability issues relating to clients
- Analyse and summarise the sustainability trends, issues and challenges that affect clients' businesses and industries, through media coverage and regulatory developments
- Analyse investor attitudes and perspectives on ESG, including navigating and clarifying ESG metrics and ratings systems for clients
- Develop excellent client knowledge and understanding - to gain a deep understanding of both the client's business, as well as their sustainability performance, communication objectives, social and economic positioning and ESG reporting standards
- Develop ESG and sustainability-focused content and thought leadership on major environmental and social issues relevant to clients
- Draft communications materials, including communications plans, press releases and presentations
- Support the planning, organisation and management of various events including roundtable events and webinars
- Creative input into designing corporate signature programmes, social narrative and innovative solutions to complex, societal challenges
- Support the development of in-house knowledge building for sustainability mandates, for example with in-house training and ESG-focused content development
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without sponsorship. We appreciate this is a difficult climate for many, but unfortunately we are unable to consider applicants without directly relevant experience and only transferable skills. Please do not be offended if your application is not taken forward.
- Educated to degree level (preferably in sustainability-related subject)
- Previous professional experience, ideally a few years in a research role or in a communication- or sustainability-focused role
- Excellent knowledge of current research and trends in sustainability and ESG
- Analytical skills, ability to work with and quickly understand key insights from data
- Previous experience in industry tools like or similar to Pulsar, Factiva, Quid and Moz is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, enthusiasm, strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task and work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills
- Fluent spoken and written English essential, additional language skills are a plus
- Digital and social media capabilities are a plus: content creation, social media listening, community management, paid media management and influencer campaigns
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.