At VVB, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Designer. The Senior Electrical Designer will work closely with Senior Electrical Design Engineers and Construction Project Engineers to support the efficient and effective delivery of engineering & design services to multiple projects within various Infrastructure business sectors of the Company and will directly report to Head of Electrical Engineering.Key Responsibilities
Who We Are Looking For:Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Provide effective, accurate and efficient Electrical Engineering design and draughting services to all projects.
- Generate electrical installation deliverables in compliance with 18th edition of BS 7671 IEE Wiring Regulations and various Infrastructure Client specifications.
- Support effective delivery of projects to time, quality, and cost targets together with the ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Produce documentation in accordance with defined standards / quality requirements.
- Liaise with Main Design Contractor and site subcontractors on the electrical design and draughting.
- Contribute to the improvement of performance by seeking, reviewing, and applying, where appropriate, innovative solutions and
- Interface with other disciplines such as Mechanical (HVAC/Plumbing) and Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) group.
- Extensive experience (at least 15 years) in a relevant design and draughting role including successful delivery of electrical installation design preferably in Infrastructure Sectors.
- Experience of E&I design best practices.
- Strong understanding of design and draughting process & associated documentation and experience in writing drafting procedures.
- Familiarity with HV and LV installation works, preferably within the UK.
- Knowledge of data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Familiarity with CDM Regulations 2015 together with experience of undertaking 'Designer' role.
- Familiarity with Electricity at Works Regulations 1989.
- Ability to undertake site surveys independently and produce site survey reports.
- Assisting site personnel on resolving design and draughting queries
- Work packages encompass varying project stages from concept through to detail design and will include strong requirement to support construction.
- HNC or HND in Electrical Engineering related subject.
Proficient use of the following Software Packages:
- MicroStation (Bentley Systems)
- Autodesk Revit
- Lighting Design Software Relux/DiaLux and Microsoft Word and Excel as a minimum.
Preparation/Draughting of 2D Design Deliverables, not limited to the following:
- Cable Block Diagrams
- Cable Schedules
- Substation/Switchroom equipment layouts and section views
- Lighting and small power layouts
- Cable/containment routing diagrams
- Lighting/Power DB Schedules
- Interconnection diagrams
- Single Line Diagrams and Protection and &Metering Diagrams
- Control schematic diagrams
- Earthing and Lightning Protection layouts and
- Standard installation detail drawings
- Lighting system design includes normal, emergency and egress (escape) lighting including lighting design calculations (indoor and outdoor).
- Exposure to HV industrial/commercial electrical distribution.
- LV Electrical distribution design including Cable Management System (CMS)
- Small power system design
- Earthing and Lightning protection system design
- Electrical Material Take-Off (MTO) and
- Site survey and reporting
This position offers the opportunity for home working, but you will be required to travel to sites and offices as and when required in line with Covid-19 guidelines.
In return we offer a competitive salary and package including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private medical insurance, pension scheme, life assurance and more!
VVB values the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all prospective and current employees with dignity regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
All employees must demonstrate commitment and enthusiasm in promoting the principles of equality in employment and service delivery.
NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES.