REQ ID: 54849
JOB TITLE: Lead Engineer Fuel Cell Powerpack Test
POSTING END DATE: 14.03.2021
Dreaming for tomorrow is about more than ideas and ambitions. We're already building the next generation of vehicles, using repurposed and brand-new technology and techniques. We're doing more than dream, we're creating the future of mobility and automotive for years to come.WHAT TO EXPECT
Responsible for the leading testing and validation activity for the fuel cell electric powertrain (fuel cell system, battery system, DC/DC converter, inverters, EDUs), including design and execution of powertrain design validation plans (DVPs), development and support of DFMEAs, ensuring a direct link with vehicle, powertrain, systems, subsystems and components requirements as well as compliance with internal and external test standards and procedures. The individual will be accountable for analysis of test data, preparation of fuel cell system and powertrain performance maps, test reports, procedures, risks assessments, and will support activities related to vehicle performance simulation, vehicle compliance, functional safety, vehicle attributes analysis, execution of all process activities to the Programme at all relevant gateways.
The main purpose is to ensure that the performance of fuel cell electric powertrain performance is tested, evaluated, optimised and meets the design intent. Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop and execute DVPs directly linked with requirements and standards
- Responsible for ensuring that DVP and entire Programme plan milestones are met
- Responsible for the ensuring that the test data results are repeatable, and data is accurate
- Responsible for preparation and release of test reports
- Responsible for preparation and release of Fuel cell system and powertrain performance maps
- Support and vehicle simulation (performance, energy use, electrical, thermal) activities to ensure the model validation is included in DVPs
As the Fuel Cell Powerpack Test Lead Engineer you'll have knowledge and understanding of fuel cell systems development and delivery through all stages of the engineering. In this role excellent knowledge of and battery technologies is required. You'll have extensive experience of automotive fuel cell system or vehicle testing, preparation of test plans and reports.Knowledge, Skills and ExperienceEssential:
- Extensive experience of automotive fuel cell system or vehicle testing, preparation of test plans and reports
- Excellent knowledge of fuel cell and battery technologies
- Some experience of project management
- Some experience of requirements and attributes management
- MSc/MEng level in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemical/Electrical/Industrial Engineering, or similar
SO WHY US?
- Experience in large automotive OEM working on FCEV programme
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.